Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lip Shine and Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colors from the Superstition Collection Display for Fall 2013

There are six lip colors on Chanel's display for Fall 2013. I was told that all six are new introductions for fall, but that is not the case. That means either one of three things: 1) at least two lipsticks have not arrived, and the "slots" on the display have been filled with other colors, or 2) Chanel is re-promoting a shade, or 3) Chanel made changes to its plans after the original press information was released. I will find the answer to that dilemma this week, but until then, I offer a view of the six on display at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. I asked if they were all new introductions and was told that they were.

There are four Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lip Shines ($34) in the new Rouge Coco Shine formula that is more 30% pigmented and provides longer wear than the originals.
  • Saga (#79), introduced in the spring and a beautiful peachy pink shade
  • Secret (#85), a soft, shimmering pink that's extremely sheer (limited edition)
  • Idylle (#457), shown at right above, introduced with the L'Été Papillon de Chanel Collection for Summer 2013 - I recognized it and started having doubts
  • Espirit (#88), shown at left above and a sheer burgundy
According to Chic Profile, there should have been a limited-edition shade called Instinct, a soft blue-pink. It wasn't there. Neither was Rendez-vous, a blue-pink shade.

The display housed two Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colors ($34), and I think they were "right," that is part of the new collection. Neither of them rang bells for me.
  • Icône (#55), a nude beige
  • Mystique (#57), an apricot shade
I took swatch photos in full sun outside the store. The first photos show Saga at the top of my arm and Secret below. Despite the fact that Saga is not new, it's gorgeous. Secret? It's a beautiful tender pink, but it's so sheer that I think most of you will reject it.

I took photos of all four of the remaining shades together. The two shown at the top of this feature, Espirit and Idylle, and shown at the top of my arm. Then I followed with The Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colors, with Icône (third down) and Mystique.

I think Espirit is a gorgeous sheer rose red. Idylle, on the other hand - like Secret - is very sheer and light. It's nude and bored me.

Icône is a drab nude with a slight peach hue. When I applied it, my first thought was not complimentary. Mystique is a bold apricot shade. It could be the color the model is wearing for the fall look. That's just a guess. I have written a Chanel representative to ask about the model's lipstick.

Normally, I ask to see the training sheet for new collections. Yesterday, I didn't, and I learned a lesson. Always ask. Chanel is good about identifying re-promotes. Also, if there were shades missing from the display, they would have been listed with the fall collection fact sheet. I guess it wouldn't have mattered since the testers weren't there.

There you have it: four new shades and two that you could order today from Chanel.com. It appears from your comments that the Superstition Collection has not reached many stores. Have faith. It should arrive soon.

When I get my hands on swatches of the ghosts, I will publish swatch photos for you. Hopefully, that will be soon.

Update 6/17: I have communicated with our wonderful Chanel rep and learned that the two Rouge Coco Shines that were not on the display were originally dropped from the order. They have now been ordered, but the delivery date is TBD. Also, Neiman Marcus got the collection early, so if you are looking for it somewhere else, give it a little time. I'd suggest you ask your SA to contact you when the collection arrives.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Eileen said...

Oooooo. . .those are so very pretty--especially the Shine shades. This collection seems to be up on websites all over, but since I definitely want to play with the cream blushes before purchasing, I'll wait until the collection arrives to make my selections. The local counter is sure to have plenty of stock because a major Chanel event is planned.

wendy said...

hi charleston girl!! thankyou very much for posting this!! i'm "funny" about my chanel lippies. i'll read that peter will use a certain color and then it's never available here or, it seems that it appears a year later in a different collection. according to my local chanel counter, there are glosses missing that look like "the old aqualumiere kind". one's you see always offered in the asian exclusive collections (like the beautiful review you recently wrote about at saks). i don't like those formulas. instinct and rendevous were supposed to been used on many of the models at the show, so i'm told. looking at the pictures, it's the same look 1000 times before that he's used. a very natural, barely there look. i want glossimers!! bwah!! anyway, i'm going to pass on this whole collection and wait for holiday. oooh...what are you going to review next?? i heard guerlain's is absolutely exquisite and chantecaille should be very nice! i'm still looking for a neutral pallette. any suggestions? i was thinking of burberry's mocha....it's sold out entirely at nordstrom or armani's mirage or maybe guerlain's "les fauves" (from last fall)? i haven't been feeling well and i haven't liked anything that chanel's offered since fall of 2012! do you think i have chanel-itis?? xo.

wendy said...

p.s.s. i wanted to ask you if you've been having any issues from chanel's stylo eyeshadows (from summer collection)? mine has been crumbling on me. i should have known when i found little slivers on the bathroom floor. these seem to be very irritating to the eyes from reading a few comments earlier, mine being no exception. be very careful with these. very nice concept but, definitely needs to be perfected (in my opinion).

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I think "Saga" is a gorgeous color. And I love the amount of pigment. My lips have quite a bit of natural pigment, so I feel that for a color to show up properly, I need some pigment.

Melanie said...

This looks like a really nice collection overall, especially the eye shadows. But ever since Eileen mentioned and I then searched the Collection Moiré and Christmas's Nuit infinie, I think that I may hold off. On second thought, I guess it couldn't hurt to go and have a look at the fall eye shadows once they are released here ... ;-)

Unknown said...

Wendy I ve the same issue with Stylo it irritate my eyes too but still love them!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, I agree, the shine shades are pretty. The two Rouge Cocos are just weird.

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, Guerlain's will be exciting. Chantecaille is STILL getting out summer.

Wait to buy until something really excites you. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Wendy, I haven't had that issue. Not good to hear, though.

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal,

Saga is gorgeous. I was totally bummed, however, to find out it didn't belong on the display.

Charlestongirl said...

Melanie, Collection Moiré, which will arrive in September, looks very pretty. This current collection is a bit of a hodge-podge - except for the nicely coordinated eye looks.

Charlestongirl said...

Lilian,

Are yours also crumbling, or just irritating?

Unknown said...

My Stylo eyeshadows both irritate and crumble. They leave glitter under my eyes by the end of the day. And they run like crazy if you have watery eyes. I can't wear them on my lower lids.

Nordstrom Pentagon City has the Chanel Superstition Collection in, including all the blushes. CG, the SA you spoke to was correct in that they go on lightly (and can be layered for more intensity) with a stipple brush. Presage, the bright (loud) orange one, is beautiful when lightly applied.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh Ava, if you could only have seen how bad Presage looked on me. I can see how it would do nicely on your skin. On me? Horror show!

Eileen said...

I was just looking at the Superstition product page to see which items would be limited edition and I noticed that not only is the quad Mystère LE, but it is also evidently a US exclusive so who knows when it might be available in Europe and elsewhere.

Apropos Guerlain's fall release, it's going to be a large one and will include the roll out of new eyeshadow duos. So far, I've seen picutres of Two Stylish (gold and blue--stunning combination!) and Two Parisian (pink and black). After a neutral summer, Guerlain is definitely upping the color factor. Colorful eyeshadow duos and jewel toned lips and tips figure prominently in Fall 2013. As for Holiday, I've heard the collection will be bright and bold and will feature--wait for it--hot pink! Hot pink! Yikes! Even this year's glitter spray is supposedly hot pink. It sounds like Guerlain's provacative holiday collection will be as far away from traditional holiday colors as imaginable whereas Chanel's holiday sounds traditional with a twist. It will be very interesting to see how the other brands interpret the holidays. Will they play it safe or go for broke?

Hi Wendy,

Mocha, Mirage, and Les Fauves are all totally different. Mocha is a classic, understated palette of satin-matte shades. There is nothing razzle-dazzle about it. It is a good neutral selection of colors to use alone for a nude or subtly contoured look or to use with other shades to add some structure. Given that it is a real workhorse, it's understandable that it quickly sells out. Mirage is far more glamorous. The colors are neutral, but the finishes are typical of Armani's love of soft shimmer. Mirage, while being neutral in color, provides some pizzaz. As for Les Fauves, that is not even a neutral quad. It makes a pretty strong color statement of the burnt orange variety. It's beautiful and perfect for autumn, but it is definitely not neutral. Also, it packs some major shimmer. I actually bought it last year to wear to a Halloween party :-)

wendy said...

hi eileen!!! thankyou for all your wonderful responses!! you suggested the mystic quad and, i must of had a computer issue because i couldn't respond to thankyou. i've been thru 5 of those quads...that's when i adored chanel collections the most.i also found all of your comments to be extremely helpful!! i don't have a burberry or armani counter. i love how you describe armani "with pizaaz"! i never owned anything from that line. now, it's just decision time..i really should get both!!! good night.....xxxoooo

wendy said...

ok....1 more request to charleston girl, eileen, and well everyone else i adore on here....i'm sounding like "linda richman"....coral color for pale girls with pigmented lips....searching for chanel's calypso ( i went thru 4 of them) but was limited edition. suggestions....talk amongst yourselves......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

I was really glad to see the new Rouge Coco Shines have more pigmentation -- especially, Espirit, which looks lovely.

Charlestongirl said...

A sweet reader sent this link - the page I should have read in the store!

http://maddyloves.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/sneak-peek-chanel-fall-2013-makeup-collection-including-new-cream-blushers/

Peta said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Does it protect you from wind burn?

Anonymous said...

Hi, now do you know for sure which lipstick the model is wearing? Thank you!!!