Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Shadow Duos

In December, I told you how much I loved Smashbox's HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder ($59). I recently received my Sephora order for three new Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Shadow Duos ($36), and the love continues.

The anti-aging promise from Smashbox hooked me on buying and trying.

The first eye shadow proven to dramatically minimize the signs of aging in just 10 minutes. Unlike typical shadows that can accentuate fine lines, this advanced formulation of 48 all-natural minerals, pure gold, 11 amino acids, goji berry, a silk peptide-soy complex, and Halo’s patented hydration system smoothe the texture of lids while imparting soft, beautiful color.

My choices from the five duos offered were Bisque/Almond, Buff/Ivy (I can only find this duo at Sephora), and Soft Peach/Cocoa. I love them all! The two duos I didn't order are Petal/Plum (colors don't work for me) and Pewter/Smoke (I want this one too). You can see these color combos at this Sephora link.

Each duo has a lid color and a "crease shade," which can be used not only in the crease, but to accent the outer lid (by making a "V" and blending). The shadows blend easily and look fabulous once applied. They have great all-day staying power. Today I wore Bisque/Almond to work. I applied the shadows 12 hours ago, and they still look great. Granted I wore a primer, but I always do, and not all powder eye shadows maintain their oomph for 12 hours.

I continue to be impressed with the delivery vehicle of HALO products. You turn the container's shaver, and just the right amount is shaved off for your use. That leaves the majority of the product hygienically contained. A little goes a long way, so I could be using these shadows for years! I did have to get one of them started with a toothpick prod into the holes, but that was most likely an effect of its being frozen in transit.

Smashbox says that daily use of these shadows for four weeks will lead to 98% less lid crepiness. After four weeks, 96% of women participating in a trial reported that their eyes appeared more youthful looking. I may not have an opportunity to experience that because I mix it up so often with my makeup colors and brands. I love the idea, though!

The shadows are free of oil, talc, and parabens. These eye shadows have a lot going for them! They are available at Sephora, Smashbox, and Nordstrom online. It's interesting that Nordstrom lists them at $34 - two dollars less than Sephora and Smashbox. A typo? They are also available at Smashbox counters.

2 comments:

Bonnie C. said...

I'm really impressed with the delivery system on these HALO products. I first saw them when they debuted on QVC and they look really neat. I think it's great to keep the germies away, :-) but also is a great way to have all the loveliness of a loose powder shadow without the messiness of a jar. :-) Thanks for the review! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Bonnie!

I have been wearing these a lot. I am so impressed with them. I especially love their staying power!

And while I don't think of my makeup as being germ-laden (my brushes are clean), the dispensers add that extra measure of care.