Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chantecaille Pure Brilliance Trio of Lip Glosses

Chantecaille's Pure Brilliance Trio ($68) is a gloss wardrobe in a pouch! Pure Brilliance Trio brings together three shimmery glosses from the Pure Brilliance Collection in one convenient set.

These glamorous glosses with a brush-on wand possess a uniquely hydrating and enriching formula that imparts rich color and brilliant shine. An innovative, jellified system ensures long-lasting wear, while microspheres of organic wheat protein-linked sugars safely (no stinging) plump the lips for a perfect, more youthful pout. Green tea extract is also included to protect the delicate skin of the lips.

The colors in the set are Crystalline, gorgeous gold; Glaze, described by Chantecaille as a warm red; and Patina, described as a deep burgundy. I'm not sure I would characterize the shades the same way, but regardless of the shade descriptions, they are exquisite.

Here they are on my arm. Top to bottom are Glaze, Crystalline, and Patina. I painted them on fairly heavily. I would describe Glaze as warm, but to me it's not red. It's the perfect watermelon. I can agree with the description of Crystalline; it's gold through and through, gleaming like a just-cleaned ring. This photo doesn't do its rich color and beautiful shine justice. Crystalline adds a pretty glow to the lips - with or without lipstick. Patina is the one I would call red. It's such a transparent red I can wear it. This gloss looks good without lipstick underneath because it brings along its color in a sheer vehicle. It provides bright color, but with a transparent shimmer that makes it wearable for us red phobes.

Of course, you can layer these shades to create your own look, which is why the three markedly different shades give you a complete gloss wardrobe - if you could live with only three lip glosses. From what I hear, "normal people" do!

Check out this Best Things in Beauty link for more Brilliant Gloss swatches. These glosses have a wonderful feel on the lips. Better yet, the Pure Brilliance Trio is a great value. Each Brilliant Gloss, purchased individually, is $28. With the Pure Brilliance Trio, you get three glosses for $68.

You can purchase the Pure Brilliance Trio at Chantecaille's Web site. It's also available at Neiman Marcus. This week's special on the Web is a free Amaretto Lip Gloss SPF 15 with any $200 purchase. You can see it at this link.

I have a few boxes of new Chantecaille cosmetics that have arrived recently. I can't wait to show you everything! I'm doing my best to stimulate the economy for Le Metiér de Beauté, Giorgio Armani Beauty, and Chantecaille - and a few dozen other noteworthy companies.

Top photo courtesy of Chantecaille

No comments: