Monday, September 20, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Blushing Bronze Duet in Romeo and Juliet

One of my Le Métier de Beauté purchases at Neiman Marcus during Beauty Event, which ends today, was Le Métier de Beauté Blushing Bronze Duet ($65) in Romeo and Juliet. It was introduced earlier this summer, but given my newly found sources for Le Métier de Beauté, I saw it for the first time recently.

This compact embraces the incomparable pairing of Le Métier de Beauté's signature Radiance Powder Rouge in a beautiful cool pink shade with a fabulous Bronzer (a sheer, light bronze powder). Le Métier de Beauté says this beautiful and balanced combination creates a quintessential, natural glow with ease and grace. I completely agree! The bronzer is Sun Kissed, the same shade in Traviata (see below). The blush is unique to the duet.

There is a warm version, Traviata, and this cool-toned Romeo and Juliet. It was clear that Romeo and Juliet was perfect for me! Lisa Lingis showed it to me at the Mazza store, and it jumped right into my bag.

The compact is elegant silver, a departure from many of the sleek matte black Le Métier de Beauté compacts. I would be happy with either color. It's what's inside that counts.

Romeo and Juliet is very sheer, imparting believable, natural color to the skin. I don't know what tools other bloggers have used to make its sister Traviata look pigmented (although I would love to find out). I applied both shades with a foundation brush (better to get concentrated color than a blush brush), and you can see on my arm photo how sheer the individual shades are. That's why I adore it!

Here is a photo at left of both colors, applied individually. The photo was taken in full sun, making the powders appear more shimmery than they are. I would describe them as subtly shimmering. You can see the cool pink, a blush on me - possibly a pretty pink highlighter on someone with much darker skin. The bronzer is absolutely perfect for me. It's hard for me to find just the right bronzer shades. This one is light, sheer, and natural looking. I can apply it on the high spots of my face where the sun would normally add a little color (if I didn't wear sunscreen), or I can use it to contour lightly. It's fabulous right under my cheekbones. Either way, it's a winning shade - and a winning duo.

I wanted you to see how beautiful the shades are when mixed. I used the arrow at right in the center point of my application with a fluffy blush brush. The pink-toned bronze of the mixed shades is perfect for any time of year - lovely now, and allowing me to look like I vacationed in the Caribbean this winter.

The Le Métier de Beauté love continues! I purchased some new eye shadows, and I'll show you them this week. Maybe by midweek, my MARCHESA colors will arrive from Bergdorf Goodman, and I can show you them too! I'm having exciting days.

The Le Métier de Beauté Blushing Bronze Duet is available at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. It's also available at Nordstrom, but only online.

Photos by BTiB

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Although the idea of using bronzer with a pop of color has been around for ages, the idea of putting them into one luxurious compact has really caught on this year. There have been so many beautiful combinations released, it makes me dizzy just thinking about all the wonderful choices.

When I was at a Chanel event this weekend, the young MA asked me which was my favorite decade for make-up. Without a moment's hesitation, I told her I loved this one. Textures, finishes, pigments, colors--the advancements in the cosmetic industry have been incredible; especially amongst the luxury brands.

By the way, Charlestongirl, it sounds like you're having a ball trying out all your new goodies. That means we, your readers, are having a ball, too. Your infectious enthusiasm makes for delightful posts :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Eileen! I have to agree with you on our decade.

Your enthusiasm for Thulite infected me. I just went to NM Mazza and bought it. I got the last one. :)

MarciaF said...

I have the bronzer but I wish I'd bought the duo instead. The bronzer is great for those of us who are pale pale pale! I'm with you on the Le Metier love!

Charlestongirl said...

When you purchase the duet, you get two shades at a lower price than you would pay for the bronzer and a blusher. It's a good deal!