Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Lip Glosses - Lighter Shades Swatched

Yesterday, at Marcia's request, I got swatches of some of the lighter shades of Le Métier de Beauté's lip glosses. I had written about the Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses I own last week. Marcia asked for swatches of some of the lighter shades. Here they are - not all of the lighter shades, but some that Lisa Lingis at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie said are very popular.

Repeating myself, Le Métier de Beauté promises that Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss will drench your lips in total luxury, with sumptuous, punchy color that saturates the lips in a unique, ultra-lightweight formula that's enriched with emollients and antioxidants.

If you need to be convinced that any lip gloss introduced by Le Métier de Beauté has all the right features, here's their list. Every word is true.
  • Elegant, semi-translucent, glossy color
  • Universal shades
  • Vitamin E and lanolin for soft supple lips
  • Silky texture and easy-glide formula
  • Never heavy or sticky
Shown at left is a photo taken yesterday afternoon at Neiman Marcus inside the store. It was raining and gloomy outside, but I'm not complaining. We need the rain! Don't ask me how that dark one made it onto my arm. I liked it! It was all I could do to leave any of them behind. I was already purchasing the newest gloss and a brand new Lip Kaleidoscope (I'll show you this week), and I thought my credit card needed a rest.

Top to bottom, taken under a little spotlight at the Le Métier de Beauté counter, are Cafe Creme, Vanilla Rose (barely visible but one of Lisa's favorites), Captiva, Cap D'Antibes, Cannes, and Ibiza. Vanilla Rose didn't do much for me, although Lisa said it's very popular. It leaves a light, shimmering glaze on top of lipstick or bare lips.

I could have purchased almost every one I swatched today! They were all gorgeous. I can see why the Ibiza shade at bottom is adored. It's so pretty in person! I fell totally in love with Cannes. I know I'll be back as soon as my credit card "turns over" - either when the billing cycle ends or when it turns over in its grave.

Cafe Creme is a Lip Creme Lip Gloss ($36), a hybrid of gloss and lipstick that combines color, intense emollients, and antioxidants to soothe and nourish the lips while providing an intense color pay-off with shine and gloss. It has a lacquer sheen finish. It slipped into my swatches yesterday because I saw it and wanted to try it.

Last week, I wrote about Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss ($32), with its sumptuous, punchy color that saturates the lips in a unique, ultra-lightweight formula - also enriched with emollients and antioxidants. I had purchased some of the more pigmented shades of Sheer Brilliance to give my face some color. You wanted to see the lighter shades. Here are some nice ones to consider!

You can find Le Métier de Beauté Lip Gloss at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and online at Nordstrom. If you don't have a counter near you, give one a call. You can call Lisa Lingis at (202) 966-9700, extension 2240. If you can describe a shade you would like to try, or want help deciding within a color family, Lisa, or any Le Métier de Beauté representative, can help you make your selection.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Thanks for the swatches, Charlestongirl. Even though I've seen all the glosses in person, I'm always excited to have an excellent product shared with others. Obviously, you blogging ladies feel the same or you wouldn't be blogging in the first place :-)

I have Cannes, Dubai, Ibiza and, thanks to Sabrina of the Beauty Look Book, Summerland. They're all exceptional glosses.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I also purchased Summerland based on how it looked on Sabrina! :)

I want Cannes and Ibiza for sure. I just have to restrain myself for a few weeks. I paid one credit card bill this morning and had to give myself a little lecture.

I am so happy to have two local counters now where I can shop and play with this line! I may be going a little overboard with all the coverage, but I write "what I'm doing."

Clarisse said...

Lovely, lovely Cannes and Ibiza! they are my favorite too!Do they last long enough or do you have to re-apply them very often?

MarciaF said...

Big big thanks Charleston Girl. That was so nice of you. You are my Le Metier "connection".

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

Those shades...as good as it gets! I am plotting my purchase. :)

Charlestongirl said...

You're welcome, Marcia! I was going over to pick up my new items, so it was easy to get a few swatches. Lisa helped by showing me the "most popular" shades.