Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tried and True: Giorgio Armani Beauty Sheer Blush #10

Barbara asked me to write about makeup that has stood the test of time, my tried-and-true products, the ones I reach for day after day. I said, "Sure!" Then I decided that Tried and True was too long for a single post, but might make a fun series. So, today, I'm inaugurating Tried and True by featuring a product I wear every week, no matter what other blushes I might be testing. I must own hundreds of blushers. I wear this one at some point every week.

The honor goes to Giorgio Armani Beauty's Sheer Blush ($43) in #10. The first thing I have to tell you about Sheer Blush #10 is that Loyd Cassler, Armani manager at Saks in Chevy Chase and makeup artist extraordinaire, uses it on almost everyone, no matter what their skin color or tone. It takes on a different character, depending on your skin. On some, it's quite pink; on others, it's more peach. It lights up the cheekbones of chocolate-skinned women. It is undoubtedly one of the most flexible (and fabulous) blush shades I have ever seen - or worn.

Here is what Giorgio Armani Beauty has to say about Sheer Blush, which is available in six shades, five of which I own.

This extremely soft and light, sheer blush enhances the complexion with a flush of natural color. It sculpts the face delicately and naturally, leaving cheeks with a warm, radiant glow.
  • Soft, lightweight texture
  • Sheer, natural color
  • Universal range of shades
To apply, use the blush brush to sweep over the cheekbones to add a natural flush or to contour and sculpt cheekbones in a circular movement.

Sheer Blush #10 is shown on my arm at right. You see a very soft, almost imperceptible shimmer, but mostly a warm peach-pink and sheer glow. I applied the shade heavily to my arm so that you could see the color well in the photo. This is how it looks on me. I can't predict how it will look on you. I just know from watching Loyd that everyone can wear it. I bought it the moment it was introduced, and I keep buying it. The compact photo above was taken of an used spare. I hoard products I don't ever want to lose. I probably shouldn't worry about #10 because it's a best seller, but you can never be too careful when you're a makeup addict.

I reach for this blush no matter what I am wearing on the rest of my face, and no matter what clothing I may have selected for the day. It works with everything. It has earned a permanent place among the makeup products I keep close at hand. Have you tried it?

Please let me know what you think of Tried and True. I know Barbara wanted to know more about my stand-by makeup. Do you?

Photos by BTiB

10 comments:

Clarisse said...

Oh Charlestongirl, it is a very GOOD idea, I'm glad Barbara suggested it to you. Right the other day when reading about the bags that kept coming from the Mazza Gallerie I wondered what in the end were your favorite products, the ones you were eager to use often because they "were" you. Apparently, this is the case of Sheer Blush and I am not surprised it's an Armani!
I have never tried it but I easily understand why you are so faithful and I will definitely try it when I visit my favorite Armani counter!
I am like you when I love a product I hoard it (here you know we don't say in case it is discontinued but in case there is a war!!!:-)
And do keep telling us about your stand-by makeup, I am all for it; I am sure Barbara and I won't be the only ones to ask you to do that:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Clarisse...a war? Oh my, I think I'll try that excuse. It sounds so much more dramatic!

You will LOVE #10 - everyone does. :)

Liz said...

I think this is a fabulous idea for a series of posts! I'm looking forward to reading more of it.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Liz. As long as you gals don't mind a post now and then about something that's not very new or brand new, I'm game!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I love this for a series. Not only do you not have to feel responsible to constantly buy something to review but you'll remind us to dig into our stashes. I'm pretty sure I have this blush so now I'll take a good look!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks! Let's take odds on whether you own it, Marcia. If an Armani rep got his/her hands on you, you own it. If not, you might have selected a different color. Let us know!

I could dig into my stashes and write a year of posts. By then, I am sure I would have lost my readers. With the high rate of product and shade turnover, I would be writing about long-lost treasures. I will try to do one Tried and True per week.

Eileen said...

Tried and true-- what a great idea for a series as well as the description of those cosmetics that have become classics. I first started wearing #10, oh, I guess it was about five years ago. I have a light complexion, yet it always looks very subtle on me. I used to wear it when I had meetings to attend and wanted to look poised and polished. Now that I'm retired, I frequently use it when I want a very natural glow rather than a blushed look: relaxing weekends in the mountains, casual brunches with good friends, etc. You're 100% right about it withstanding the test of time. It's classic Armani.

Charlestongirl said...

Ditto, Eileen! It is classic Armani. I think Armani needs to give us some new shades in his classic products, not just totally new products. Wouldn't it be fun to have three new blush shades with this micro-fine formula?

I am always astounded when Loyd applies #10 to a woman with a dark complexion, and she glows! What a great shade!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I couldn't find it. I remember buying it but I don't see it. Words of a true shopaholic!

Charlestongirl said...

I can certainly understand those words, Marcia! Sometimes I have to hunt for shades I just bought! My house has become a makeup museum in so many ways. :)