Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Les Artistes Kaleidoscope Lip Kit for Fall 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Les Artistes Kaleidoscope Lip Kit ($95) arrived at Neiman Marcus a few days ago. I was on the waiting list for it and claimed it quickly. I couldn't wait to see more new fall makeup from Le Métier de Beauté!

The unique Lip Kaleidoscope has a clever internal stacking system exclusive to Le Métier de Beauté. The rounded pans swivel out from its secretly hinged back. The long-lasting, moisture-rich formula is enriched with vitamins A, C, and E.

The Kaleidoscope Lip Kit's multidimensional layers can be mixed and matched to create your own look. Lisa Lingis at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie has shown me how Le Métier de Beauté encourages you to layer the colors, yielding endless possibilities by combining the shades to suit your mood or create your "look of the day." When I purchased my first Lip Kit, Enchantment, I thought each of the shades was stunning alone, but was mesmerized as Lisa started to demonstrate on my arm the layering that morphed the look with each new layer. She actually showed me the end result of layering all four colors, and I was sold! I couldn't purchase Enchantment fast enough.

Naturally, when Lisa told me a new Kaleidoscope Lip Kit would be arriving soon, I put my name on the waiting list. Now that I have it in my hands, I am thrilled! The shades are lovely, sheer - and even better, all of them work for me. These are year-round shades.

My swatches at shown at right. My photo was taken in full sun. I applied the lip colors with my fingers. They are shown from the top pull-out to bottom.
  • Illusionists (nude)
  • Acrobats (gold)
  • Magicians (rose)
  • Danseurs (red with golden flecks in the pan, but lighter and very sheer on skin - see bottom pull-out pan above)
With the exception of Danseurs, the shades on the lips (and skin) are exactly how they look in the pan. They offer a subtle shimmer with a nice light texture and feel. They will be particularly handy when worn with a more dramatic fall/winter eye look (for those who "do drama"). Magnifique!

I can't say enough nice things about Les Artistes. I believe Le Métier de Beauté has another hit on its hands.

You can purchase Les Artistes Kaleidoscope Lip Kit at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Nordstrom is now offering Le Métier de Beauté from its online site only. None of the sites have Les Artistes available online as I post this, but the kit should be available online soon. You can always call Lisa to order at (202) 966-9700, extension 2240, or visit your favorite Neiman Marcus.

I hope to show you La Belle Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss (the newest shade) tomorrow.

Photos by BTiB

3 comments:

MarciaF said...

I was worried that this would be too dark but it looks beautiful. I'll have to check this out.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marcia,

I just saw that I left the price off when I published! Sorry.

It's definitely on the light side - perfect for me too. :)

Leigh said...

I was at NM-Denver Thursday, and they didn't have this. I'm anxious to try these more solid lip colors, as the glosses feather on me (even though I've tried most all preventives except cement!).