Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Endless Love

There's a new addition to the Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss ($30) collection. Endless Love!

I first saw a swatch on a card sent to me by the fabulous Edward Bess representatives at Bergdorf Goodman, Jennifer Schwartz and Susan Babakhanova. When I wrote last week's installment of the divine experience of receiving the card, calling to chat with Jennifer, and quickly receiving my beautiful new Edward Bess treats, I mentioned that I planned to space out the pleasure of my new makeup by saving a few things for a later day. I saved Endless Love for Labor Day weekend. Some people celebrated the weekend with parties; I celebrated with Endless Love. Sounds racy, doesn't it?

Endless Love is shown in its tube above and swatched directly from its doe-foot applicator at right - pretty in pink. It's a very light, sheer gloss shade, one that will brighten your lip shade if you are wearing lipstick underneath, or will give you a hint of color and lots of moisture if you choose to wear it alone. I call this color baby pink. It's light enough that your own lip color (or lipstick) will determine how it looks on your lips. If I wear it alone, it enhances my lips with a moist pink shine. Despite its very light color on my arm, it has a very pretty pink presence on my lips. I'm reminded of the warm pink glow of early morning light in Charleston.

Deep Shine Lip Gloss has a fruity scent, which surprised me. I would prefer that it didn't. Fortunately, the scent doesn't stick around for long. The gloss texture is heavy, so it clings to my lips and retains its luminous finish for hours. That's a definite plus!

I adore the Edward Bess color collection, and I'm insanely jealous that Los Angeles gals can now see his line in person at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills. The rest of us who don't live close to New York City (or visit often) can rely on Jennifer and Susan to help us select colors. You can reach these fabulous professionals at Bergdorf Goodman at (212) 872-8826. Or you can "fly blind" and order from Edward's Web site. I would take advantage of Susan's and Jennifer's help. They are so sweet!

It's a great time to invest in Edward Bess. Beauty Week is coming up. From September 19-26, Bergdorf Goodman will have an Edward Bess special. If you spend at least $100, you will receive a $25 discount and a free Ultra Slick Lipstick in Eternal Passion, a red shade that's right in style.

Photos by BTiB

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Ahhh. . .Endless Love and early morning light in Charleston. You're such a romantic :-) And so, evidently, is Edward Bess. Only a man who truly understands and enjoys bringing out a woman's inner beauty could have created a line like his. Even though I already had several of his cosmetics, I was bowled over when I actually saw his line in person at Neiman's. It's not large and overwhelming, gimmicky or fadish. Rather, it is a carefully edited and perfectly achieved statement of elegance.

When I was playing with the glosses at the counter, the SA said she had the perfect one for me--Endless Love. Because my lips are naturally a medium rose, all it took to give me soft, warm rosey lips was a swipe of that particular gloss. Unfortunately, because it was the EB opening, the gloss was sold out, but it will be arriving along with my other goodies on Sept. 9. I can hardly wait!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I am still jealously-filled, you lucky gal! Having an Edward Bess counter close would be like makeup heaven.

Although the collection is carefully edited, there's something for everyone. Endless Love was, at first glance when it arrived, too light for me. I was so thrilled that there was no chalkiness to the light pink color. It enhances my lip color (fairly rose, especially for my skin tone), and looks so natural and pretty.

Make sure to buy on September 10 when you can get that discount!

Thanks, as always, for your kindness. I am a romantic, although it's a romance that's seldom satisfied. In my world, there would be peace, kindness, comfort and prosperity for all - including our animal friends, trees, bugs, you name it - and opportunities, not fear. I would love to write a novel and have contemplated its subject (although I have penned the opening sentence).

I love your comments on the blog - so well expressed! I need to meet you some day! We can compare makeup notes over Kir Royale.

Eileen said...

For now, we can toast to peace, harmony, amd dreams fulfilled from opposite coasts. Cheers!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

You are a tease! That information about Bergdorf's beauty event is too tempting.

Charlestongirl said...

Someone has to be in "the boat" with me, Marcia!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh oh...I just did some serious damage.