Friday, September 17, 2010

The Friday Forum - September 17

The day I discovered Clelone, or turtlehead, I was a happy girl. The pink flowers are shaped like a turtle's head - supposedly - and bloom in September. I have this one massed in my garden, and the flowers brighten up the view from my kitchen windows.

What a week! I am still unwrapping all my Neiman Marcus Beauty Event purchases, and I'm thinking about zooming back over to Mazza Gallerie today or tomorrow. They were so sweet to offer the special gifts and drawing to my readers, and it's not too late to take advantage of their generosity! Just scroll down or go to this link to find out how you can treat yourself. A $500 drawing is something that's irresistible - particularly since I don't have many DC-area readers. Your odds have to be good! You can visit or call, just spend at least $100 and mention Best Things in Beauty. Even though I can't enter, I am delighted by how good they have been to you! Some of my work colleagues plan to go, although I didn't tell many of them. Most of my colleagues don't even know I write a blog.

I'll be swatching, applying, taking photos, and writing over the weekend so that I can continue to share with you my world of new discoveries. We have to finish fall cosmetics as holiday approaches! I've got photos of some of what's coming, and you are going to be very tempted.

I hope that all of you in New York City are safe and sound. A fast-moving storm, much like a few we had this summer in DC, hit NYC at evening rush hour yesterday, uprooting trees and disrupting power, crushing cars and homes, and taking one precious life. So unexpected - so scary. As I write this, I'm thinking about Pale Male and Lola. I hope they are safe.

It's time for The Friday Forum! We use The Friday Forum to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. As I always do, I'll leave news of some great beauty offers (great, not just good) in the comments of this post. If you want to know where to find nice gifts with purchase, free shipping, and other deals this weekend, make sure to check the comments.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo courtesy of juxsa.com

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey there, happy weekend! What a week it has been -- very busy at work, not enough time for the fun stuff:)

Yesterday I got a highly anticipated delivery though -- my Tom Pecheux Pure Color Collection. I ordered it right when Kari posted that they were getting 30 sets in and it finally arrived. I wore each of the items today and they are fantastic!

Abby said...

I was going to pass on the NM gift this year, but may have to capitulate!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Laurie!

Happy weekend to you too! Isn't that Pure Color Collection amazing? I got that e-mail about the arrival of "more," and forgot to post it. I'm so glad Kari did.

You're right. Not enough time for fun stuff.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Abby,

This is the season to buy. That tote is really cute too. :)

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I'm debating ordering Marchesa from Neiman. I went to the store yesterday and she said it wouldn't be in until October. Since Neiman doesn't take returns I'm unsure if I want to spend $150 to get the gwp - what if I pick wrong!!

Charlestongirl said...

Marcia, I ordered Marchesa from Bergdorf Goodman. In fact, they are ringing it and shipping it Sunday. Their gift card event is next week.

I selected the one with the bronzer. I thought the shades in the other wouldn't work very well for me (I'm not really sure who they will work well for - they are "a bit trendy"). Next week should be exciting! I'll let you know.

If you gamble, gamble on the palette with the bronzer. I hear it's gorgeous.

Leigh said...

Nice of you to think of the NYC raptors! Can you BELIEVE all the weird weather and tragedies in the last few years - - very sadly spooky!

I, too, am still unwrapping and trying - - like you, C-girl, I don't do everything at once.

Have a glorious weekend, all!

Charlestongirl said...

There's a guy at work who is sure all these weather tragedies are biblical and portend something awful. I hope he's wrong! 2010 sure has been a bad year - too many tragic events.

I check on those hawks every day. Lincoln's photographs are exquisite. He's made me appreciate the hawks in my own garden - even when they fly into the screen panels and break them, as one did about a week ago. Another $100 for a carpenter about to fly out of my wallet, so to speak. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Beautorium is offering a free Dr. Hauschka Lip Care stick wand free shipping ith any purchase of Dr. Hauschka over $50. Free shipping too. Use code BDIH.