Friday, September 24, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Double Entendre Lip Gloss from the MARCHESA Collection

Double Entendre Lip Gloss ($38) is part of the debut MARCHESA for Le Métier de Beauté Collection. Whether it's a must-have shoe, the perfect bag, or a signature scarf, accessories can take fashion from uninspired to completely customized. I think of makeup as the perfect accessory!

Today, I came home from work to find the Bergdorf Goodman box I'd anticipated - filled with goodies from Le Métier de Beauté and Edward Bess. I can't wait to show you all the treasures, but this dual-ended lip gloss was easy for me to swatch and show.

The new collection offers four dual-ended lip glosses, with a total of eight shades, to create an infinite array of colors. Pairing the signature creamy coverage of Le Métier de Beauté's Lip Creme Lip Gloss with the incomparable, silky slip of their Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss, Double Entendre Lip Gloss is the "dynamic duo." Enriched with emollients and antioxidants for beautiful, supple lips, you can wear either shade alone or custom-blend it with lipstick or other gloss shades to create a favorite, new look.

During my chat with my New York friends, I had to get help selecting one of the four duos. They all sounded gorgeous, but I wanted to try one before plunging in to buy others.
The Web site swatches are shown above. Would you have known which one to try? With lots of assistance, I selected L'Embrasse/Le Pass.

Is it pretty! Check out my arm photo (taken in full sun) at right to see how the two shades really look. Would you have guessed from shopping online?

A couple of things you should know...
  • There's a nice doe-foot applicator.
  • The Sheer Brilliance shade is sheer and gorgeous, as I have come to expect. I had a hard time getting an even application on my arm, but when I applied it on my lips, it was perfect!
  • Both glosses feel great - not heavy, sticky, or tacky.
  • The duo is tiny - very tiny. I was surprised at how small it is, particularly given the price tag. At three inches long, it's perfect for slipping into your pocket, but it's not a great value. Depending on the lip gloss you choose (Sheer Brilliance or Lip Creme), you can purchase a full-size Le Métier de Beauté gloss for $32 or $36.
Will I purchase another Double Entendre Lip Gloss from the MARCHESA Collection? As pretty as it is, I think not. My dollars will stretch further with the regular glosses from Le Métier de Beauté. I'm amazed as I type this because these glosses are drop-dead gorgeous. How could anyone be critical of a gorgeous gloss duo? I just can't get past the tiny size-to-price ratio.

What do you think? Have you seen or tried Double Entendre yet?

Photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus

4 comments:

Leigh said...

We beauty lovers need to get our purveyors to improve their online swatches. I couldn't believe the LMdB duo compared to your wrist swatch!! In this age of technology, surely color can be represented more accurately!

Months ago, I ordered 3 things from Chantecaille and had to return them all - - pink online, but orange (dolphin collection) in
person - - a waste of time and money, and also shied me away from ever ordering again. That's my rant for the week!

On the other hand, fall in Colorado is gorgeous and we're having a great one - - no new fires, no early snow - - just beautiful sunshine and cool nights.

Best to all - -

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

It's so hard for me to recommend Le Metier colors and then people look online and wonder what's wrong with me! The worst swatches. Thank goodness for blog swatches like yours.

I heard these were tiny but 3 inches is really tiny. I'm glad I waited to see them in person.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh!

Those little squares and rectangles online can be so misleading. At some sites, they are "relatively" similar to the real color. At other sites, they are really off. At very few sites are they spot-on. Despite the variations in monitors/displays (every one of us has brightness and hue that's a tiny bit different), it shouldn't be that hard!

I love Chantecaille, but I have learned that their colors will always be less pink than they look in the little color depiction. So I select colors that look "too pink." Once you get the system down on most sites, you can select pretty well. The problem is that until you "get the system down," you can end up with shades are aren't even close to what you were expecting.

I think the LMdB shades I got are beautiful. I'm just glad I got help while I was selecting a duo!

I'm very glad to hear that there are no fires! Sunshine and cool nights sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marcia,

I am still a little stunned by the size. I keep wondering if I got the right thing! I did (it's the right box, right SKU, etc.), but at three total inches, and with 1/3 of that taken up by the wands, it's a mingy amount of gloss.