Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekend Roundup - September 11


Great ways to get beautiful are all around us. You don't have to search endlessly when we're sharing our best beauty finds each week! Will any of them find their way onto your list of must-haves?

With all the new makeup that comes out - practically every day - Gaia from The Non-Blonde found a tried-and-true palette that suits her liking just fine. See the mainstay Giorgio Armani Beauty palette that's perfect for classic fall fashion.

Sabrina at The Beauty Look Book had been coveting Le Metiér de Beauté's Summerland Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss from afar. After a trip to Neiman Marcus, she was finally able to call it her own! Read her review and look at the images of this divine gloss. It's not even "my color," and I want it now! Look at the pink cast in that ripe coral shade! I really need to go shopping with Sabrina and Gaia - after I win the lottery.

Looking for a travel companion? Kari at Fab Over Forty found her next one in a beautiful Laura Mercier palette encased in a lovely Kooba case. She will definitely be taking along that palette on her next trip!

Kelly shared her review of Garnier Blow Dry Perfector at Gouldylox Reviews. In the process of using it, she discovered an amazing hair product for dry hair. Be sure to pop over to find out Kelly's product likes and dislikes from her hair trials and tribulations. Kelly has been living through a hair grow-out, and she's got the goods on what works and what doesn't! While you are there, you have to read this.

Are you ever curious about what a makeup junkie has in her own beauty bag? Marcia from Beauty Info Zone Blog opened up her handbag and showed us the beauty goodies she has with her every day. You can find out why these are her go-to products. At reader suggestion, I am about to start a series on makeup that has stood the test of time in my bag. You'll see the first installment here in the next day or two.

Chelsea at BeautyXposé shared with us her experience with Fake Bake Sunless & Skinny self-tanner. Can you really look like you have the warmth of summer glow on your skin and still keep your body bikini-ready, all from a bottle? This pale face is even tempted to try it!

Laurie at Product Girl beat me to Chanel's new SoHo Story Makeup Collection, so go check it out with Laurie and Carla. I was waiting for the store to relaunch, and it did, yesterday. It was quite an affair, and the makeup will tempt you to buy before you sample.

My cyber-friend Amber has had horrible pain from a serious problem with her arm. Dr. Charlestongirl thinks she may be pushing it by blogging the second she starts to feel OK. But...she did tell us about a mask that "de-junked" her face. You should pay Beauty Junkies Unite a visit.

One of my favorite lines, Lierac, has a new eye makeup remover. DivaDebbi introduced us this week. Thanks, Debbi! I love it when you girlfriends spend my money. I'm off to CVS today to buy it.

I am terribly jealous that Vicki and Lianne are in New York for Fashion Week. I am "getting over it" by spending recklessly here in DC to celebrate Beauty Week at Neiman Marcus. I have lots to tell you, along with news of upcoming events (like an exciting Tim Quinn visit to Saks in a few weeks!).

If you missed my latest Chantecaille story, check it out here at at Best Things in Beauty. This keepsake shadow palette will help make the world a better place.

My giveaway contest for the Pür Minerals eye shadow palette ends tonight. As I write, the odds for the current entrants are really good! I am surprised it didn't elicit more entries. It's a really useful palette. If it looks like something you might like, make sure to enter before midnight.

We hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

DivaDebbi said...

Charleston Girl!
Many thanks for the Link Love! This was my first Lierac review... lovely product! I am a Pur Minerals FANATIC! Just orderd their Ultimate Kit for my sister, since she loved mine so much. Your shadow giveway is a dream. I will recuse myself so your readers can have a shot at winning! Good luck to all.

Best,
Debbi

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Debbi!

You would love Hydra-Chrono - either the cream or the balm - one of the nicest moisturizers I use. Lierac also makes a lovely creamy cleanser. Now I want the eye makeup remover you reviewed!

Nice to "hear your voice." I check in on you all the time. :)