Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dior Addict Golden Jungle Lipstick in Darling for Fall 2012

Dior Addict..."a lipstick, an attitude, a state of mind," and a darn nice lipstick. Inspired by the cutting-edge Dior runway fashions, Dior Addict's "hydrating and volumizing formula adorns the lips with a veil of color and spectacular shine."

Two new Dior Addict ($30) shades were introduced for Fall 2012 with the Golden Jungle Collection: Wild (#646), a warm, juicy beige; and Daring (#962), a bold, sophisticated plum. You can guess I went for Daring.

My photo is lighter, but truer, than the Dior photo above. Look at the pretty berry color! It roped me in instantly, only to break my heart when they told me that all of them had been pre-sold and that I couldn't have one. As I shopped other counters, my lovely friend and Dior rep Ava at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria found one for me. Apparently, a customer put one on hold, but never came for it. Her loss, my gain.

That tells you something about Daring. If you want one of these, secure it quickly. It's available at Nordstrom's Web site, and I know a lot of you like to shop online there.

I took a few swatch photos in full, very late-afternoon, fading sunshine. As you can see, the gorgeous, shiny berry color is sheer. It didn't cover the little scratch on my arm (while the Shiseido Lacquer Rouge did). This is a me color. The berry or mauve-rose works for me year round, and the sheer, shiny coverage makes Daring perfect.

I absolutely adore Daring and think I need another one. Many of my all-time favorite lipsticks and lip glosses have been Dior's. I'm on Nordstrom's Web site now. I think I'll spring for it while I break down and buy the Chanel Fleur de Lotus Collection. I suspect Daring is a limited-edition, although I don't know that for sure. Will you be joining me in some happy Dior shopping?

I still have two gorgeous Dior eye palettes to show you. The sun shines occasionally when I'm working, but as soon as I get home, we have thick clouds as thunderstorms roll in somewhere nearby. Maybe later today. I have so much I want to show you, I may have to resort to another clandestine photo session outdoors at work.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

grlnxdor said...

I hope you will be showing the Golden Savannah palette. I really need to see some good swatchesof it and Charlestongirl, you always deliver!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, grlnxdor, yes, I will. It's a beauty. Pray for sun after work today. :)

Evelyn said...

This got my attention too and you answered my question! It's not brownish. lol I had been looking all over for a swatch and could find one, I was just getting the other color available. On the list this goes!

Swathi Narumanchi said...

That looks really gorgeous Charlestongirl ! I am SO jealous ! It does look like I can sheer out my Dior Addict 773 Rouge Podium to look like that ! I hope so atleast !

Clarisse said...

A gorgeous color! Dior Addict lipsticks are always wonderful!...
I definitely need this one:-) Thank you, Charlestongirl, for letting me know what I'll go for directly next month:-)
By the way, the sun has been shining for one week here: too good to last, I'm afraid....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

You and I like the same kinds of colors, I think. This one's perfect!

Charlestongirl said...

Can't you get it there, Swathi?

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Clarisse, get on the pre-sale list, like the clever gals here. I missed that entirely.

Tatiana said...

This is definitely my kind of color. You've created a lemming. Thanks for showing it so well. I just went online to Nordstrom and ordered it, since it wasn't available at my local store.

Walls said...

Snatched this right up a few moments ago because, like you, I agree that this is the sort of shade that is perfect year-round. Thanks for sharing, as always, Charlestongirl.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tatiana,

I ordered #2 from Nordies. Couldn't resist getting a back-up.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Walls, enjoy it!