Sunday, July 8, 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Silk Eye Shadow from the Aqua Collection

I'm weak. I said I wasn't going to purchase the new shades of Giorgio Armani Beauty's Eyes to Kill Silk Eye Shadow ($32). The Aqua Collection, a limited-edition collection of six new shades, beckoned, but I don't live a sparkly kind of life. Still, when I went to the counter and played with them, two jumped into my "basket." They were too pretty to leave at the store.

Just in time for summer, these waterproof, "24-hour-wear" eye shadows are available in shades #24 through #29. Eyes To Kill Intense unveils a pearl blend that radiates four spellbinding colours. Each of the Eyes to Kill Intense shades is based on a revolutionary technology that acts like a kaleidoscope, producing multidimensional colors. Neither a cream nor a powder, this incredible hybrid formula acts like a color suspension that delivers a dreamy, ethereal beauty to eyes that will last until you want to remove it.

I purchased #24 and #25. EtK #24 appears to be the darker of the two in the pots (shown at right in my photo of the pots above). Both shades will take me out at night for years.

I took my swatch photos in full sun. I applied both shades with a sponge-tipped applicator. Eyes to Kill #24 is at the top of my arm in its deep golden-taupe glory. The complex shade is "close to taupe" on my skin, but it has a significant amount of gold in it. It's a difficult color to describe. "Smoky Copper" doesn't do it for me. I applied the top two swatches heavily.

Number 25 is below #24. The bronze-grey hybrid has a hint of khaki in it, which didn't translate into my photos. It's gorgeous in person. I applied #25 with a much lighter hand at the bottom of my arm to show you that there can be some moderation with these shades. You can select the amount of pigment you apply with the right touch.

The Beauty Look Book is featuring all six shades, and her swatches are fabulous. Sabrina saw no significant difference between #24 and #25. I did - in the store and in daylight - which explains why I purchased both of them.  I will admit that in dim, evening light, they are very similar.

A couple of the shades have too much red pigment for my face, although they are lovely. Had I purchased a third, it would have been #26. Who knows? Since I'm weak, I may still do it. Tempted?

You can find these new Eyes to Kill eye shadows at Giorgio Armani Beauty's Web site, Neiman Marcus, Saks, and, I would expect, Nordstrom.

Update 8:43 pm: I have been playing with my shades this evening, and they look entirely different in the dimmer lighting at night. There's no good way to show you, so I must recommend that you just go to the counter (if you can) and play.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Giovanni_Rocco said...

I want those and I want those now!!!!! I can't wait until they arrive to my counter

Unknown said...

I've seen the Beauty Look Book swatches and fallen in love with #27, but I still believe a taupe will fit better in my life (since I tend to often wear taupe), so maybe #24 is for me. Who knows?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Giovanny!

They are extremely pretty, and, as I mentioned, irresistible. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Anne!

If that is your photo, you could wear any of them! I think #24 is gorgeous. I think I need #26 too. The problem I have is my boring life. :)

Eileen said...

I got such a kick out of your comment about your boring life. I know the problem! There are so many gorgeous products available, but I simply don't live the kind of life that makes them a realistic purchase. I still go to a lot of dressy events, but they're the type that require elegant and sophisticated rather than glittery and glam so that means shimmer instead of glitter and glow instead of shine. That's too bad because, like a magpie, I'm invariably drawn to all the pretty little sparkly things--like these new Armani shades. Ah! To be young and beautiful again! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, Eileen, you and I are both there. We can commiserate. I'm finally learning, though, not to buy a bunch of shades that will enhance my night life, huddled with Charlie in bed.

Running with Scissors said...

Absolutely stunning... you cracked me up with "I'm weak". I would be too. xxx

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christy,

Weak is a nicer word than spendthrift. :)

Anonymous said...

hi charlestongirl,

lovely choices!

i'm a home tutor so i don't get chances to wear stunning makeup, my collection's mainly for swatching delight when i'm bored.. it's like self-entertainment, an expensive past-time though!

if applied lightly or in indoor lighting, do these 2 shades look really similar? it's so hard not to hoard them all!

tk care n thanks!

Eunice

Eileen said...

Hi Eunice,

I think there are many of us who treat makeup like a hobby of sorts. It's so much fun to swatch and play with different colors and textures even though they might not be the most practical to actually wear. I love makeup and consider it an artistic form of self-expression. At least that's what I tell myself as I hand over my plastic! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Great choices! I, too, fell in love with #24 and #25, but they ended up being too dark and sooty on my complexion (NC10/15 with olive and yellow undertones). And they were beautiful under low light and sunlight, but under normal and office lights, they just ended up looking really dark because the shimmer didn't show up as well.

Seeing the swatches on your arm makes me fall in love with them again and wish that I didn't return them!

If you ever get a chance to purchase shade #14 from Europe, I highly recommend that you do! It resembles 25 in the pot-a mixture of gold and black-but it is much lighter. It's an antique gold!

Nemo said...

well, did you go back for #26????? I just ordered #24 so my husband wouldn't get mad, and I actually told him before I ordered; and then he said well why didn't you get all of them? Men!

Charlestongirl said...

Eunice, on my skin, they are similar in evening light, but I can still see the differences. You just have to play. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Yes, I agree about office lighting. I would never wear these to work! Thanks for the tip.

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Nemo.

I haven't gone back yet. I'm trying hard to resist. How many sparklers can I own?

Christina said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I couldn't help but chuckle at your comment on your boring life.

I think you can wear these shades during the day as liners and they'll look amazing on you! Oh, imagine how they'll sparkle when you step outside!

Thanks for swatches, by the way! They're very true to life!