Saturday, July 21, 2012

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadow - Round 2

I liked my first two MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadows ($20) so much I bought two more. The first time I ordered two "safe" shades, 20E, a pearly taupe, and 28E, golden beige. If you click on the link directly above, you can see my swatch photos-. This time, I ordered two of the "darker" shades - still neutrals, but with more color: 26E (at left above) and 22E (at right).

Aqua Shadow is a pencil eye shadow that is smudge-proof, long-lasting (they will stand up to the heat of summer), and easy to apply. I love pencils that work well, and these do. I think the 12 shades in both matte and pearl finishes offer something for everyone. While that rich, matte green (8E) may appeal to some, it's too bold for me. I think my newest colors are still conservative.

Aqua Shadow’s intensely pigmented, waterproof formula provides immediate, rich color that will not smudge, crease, or fade. Created with silica powder, its ultra creamy texture glides effortlessly on the eyelid and blends easily for an even result. Incredibly simple to use, Aqua Shadow quickly creates a multitude of dynamic and colorful looks.

I took swatch photos of my newest Aqua Shadows in "almost full sun." It was one of those days when I had to stand outside waiting for each time the clouds cleared to get photos. That's why one of my photos is lighter than the other.

Shade 26E is shown at the top of my arm. It's described as pearly peach. That works for me, but it's so luminous, it deserves a description with more pizzazz. Shade 22E, shown below on my arm, is pearly (or shimmering) copper-toned brown.

I think both of these shades are gorgeous, and I'm very pleased I ordered them. They don't crease on me (remember, my eyelids are dry, and I use a primer). Actually, they are so long-lasting, I have to use a long-wear eye color remover to take off every last trace. That's a heat-resistant eye shadow!

If you love shadow sticks, you owe it to yourself to buy at least one of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadows. You can find them at Sephora, where I purchased mine.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Looks like we are into the same colors for our eye makeup. These are very pretty! Stacie xo

HélèneSud said...

How it's funny : I've got the same !
I confirm they are great ... and for the summer they are perfect !
Yes because here in South of France it's sunny and warm... Summertime !!!
going back to the Aqua shadow I used them making an outer V dark brown (I'm dark hair and brown eyes)
have a nice day !!! xoxo

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Stacie,

I love them! Great shades. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi HélèneSud!

I'm glad you hear you have warm sunshine. I like to do the outer V look too. I'll bet they look great!

Happy day!