Monday, July 9, 2012

Heat Relief: Sisley Paris Eau Florale - Floral Spray Mist

Last week, when I had no power, I wanted little more than my power and Internet connection back. The heat wave has been record-breaking. It was too hot to wear makeup or worry about my hair. I did enjoy one product, Sisley's Eau Florale (Botanical Floral Spray Mist) ($98). I emptied my container and had to replace it yesterday.

Spray this fine, floral-scented mist on your face, and you'll cool down as the tiny beads of this alcohol-free orange blossom, rose, cornflower, and witch hazel waters provide an instant feeling of cooling - and hydration - as they air-dry. You can spray it on a bare face or over makeup to set your look. Either way, you'll find it a luxurious treat.

I love the mist. It's precisely calibrated to come out of the nozzle as a light mist, not a stream or heavy spray. It could not be more perfect. I wouldn't want to be without Eau Florale - especially in the summer!

When I stopped by Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria yesterday to visit with my Sisley friends, I came home with a cooling eye mask. Turns out Sisley counters were treating their customers really well. Glad I went!

Later this month, the Sisley Paris counter at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria is having a special event with national trainer Anita Bahramy (I adore her and can't wait to see her again). It's on a Saturday, and a training session will be held off the floor before special, personalized one-on-one's are provided. If you've ever wondered about this fabulous line - skin care, makeup, and fragrance, and you are local to DC, it would be a great time to go. Just call the Sisley counter at (703) 761-1600, extension 3230, to make an appointment.

If you want to treat yourself in this heat, try Eau Florale. The feeling and fragrance are worth the price.

Photo courtesy of Sisley

6 comments:

Christina said...

I love this line! I don't use it because I find that there is a bit of a slip and when I put makeup on afterwards, it runs off easily.

I think this line is more for people who don't wear much makeup or severe dry skin.

I'm sure the mist was very helpful and I should give this one a try.

I hope the heat situation will improve and same goes for the electricity.

Flyavsted said...

I need to try this brand. Have you tried their Express Flower Gel?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christina!

I love Sisley too. I wouldn't use this before makeup - only after. It was a lifesaver last week! A no-makeup week. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Flyavsted,

Yes, and I love it. Actually, I love everything Sisley!

Eileen said...

Ooooo. . . This sounds divine! I adore facial mists and could not imagine going through the dog days of summer without one nestled in the frig ready to provide cooling, lightly scented relief from the heat. I always have at least one of Shu Uemura's delightfully scented depsea mists on hand because, in addition to being refreshing when the weather heats up, they're great for air travel. We all know how dehydrating that cabin air can get! I'll definitely have to take a look at Sisley's the next time I'm at Neiman's. It sounds like a winner.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, it's a really nice one. I'm smitten with the fine mist.