Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lancôme La Laque Fever Ultimate Lasting Full-Color Lipshine

While browsing Lancôme's Web site when I purchased the gorgeous Hydra-Balms, I saw La Laque Fever Ultimate Lasting Full-Color Lipshine in Ô So Coral ($26.50). Into my bag it flew! It was introduced to ring in the Spring 2012 season.

This fabulous lip lacquer combines vibrant concentrated color and unprecedented shine in one stroke. From the moment of application, densely pixilated pearls deliver multi-dimensional shine that truly holds, so you’ll be touch up-free for eight hours, according to Lancôme. Nothing lasts eight hours on my lips, but I do get decent wear from Ô So Coral, and the color is luscious.

Described as a rosy-coral, it was an easy choice among the four shades featured for the season. The others vary in the orange family, from peachy coral to deep peachy coral. I liked the idea of some rose in my peach, although I don't see much rose in it. I'd call it a juicy, ripe peach.

It was so hot out when I took the photo above, I can now see my lens fogged. Now, the temperature is 103, and there isn't a chance I'm going outside for a re-do. I almost collapsed walking around the farmers' market looking for my pickle vendor this morning.

I took my swatch photos in full, morning sun. This delightful peach shade is perfect for this time of year. I love the color and shine. They mingle to yield a radiant effect on the lips. Pastel, peach, and perfect for July.

There is a newer set of La Laque Fever glosses that launched summer, the Argentine Tango Collection. The colors range from brown to bright coral-red - pretty, but this one suited me better. Whatever your coral tastes, Lancôme has a new lip gloss that will please you.

I purchase mine online at the Lancôme Web site. They should all be available at counters. I've seen them on the display.

Photo at top courtesy of Lancôme; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I am trying to think back (I've lived a lot of years, you know!), but I don't think I've ever used a regular Lancome lipgloss other than their Juicy Tubes. This sounds pretty good and Sandy Linter's work on her book Makeup Wakeup has me convinced that I should be trying it more...even tho' I know she's a paid spokesperson.

Charlestongirl said...

They are really nice, MamaVal. Give one a try!

yesplease1816 said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That's seriously all I can think to say--that's magnificent

Charlestongirl said...

Isn't it pretty, Yesplease?