Sunday, July 29, 2012

Guerlain KissKiss Lip Gloss - New Shades for Fall 2012

Two new, limited-edition shades of Guerlain's legendary KissKiss Gloss ($32) were introduced with the Fall 2012 Colour Collection. Sable Snow (851) and Grenade (873) demanded my attention on the new display. They practically reached out and grabbed my arm. "Take me home," they called. It wasn't hard to resist that plea.

Women have the incredible talent to continuously re-invent their femininity. One day a woman can be an angelic flirt, the next a passionate seductress. Guerlain’s fall collection pays tribute to these two juxtaposing looks and celebrates a woman’s ability to decide who she wants to be today. The Femme Fatale is steeped in passion and seduction and boasts beautiful red shades. The Femme D’Amour shades perfectly define the angelic, romantic woman with a vast color collection ranging from beige to plum. The look is innocent and fresh, yet still seductive and sensual.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess the KissKiss Gloss woman is angelic and romantic. When you use KissKiss Gloss, as I have for years, your lips will be drenched in sheer, sparkly, or pearly color and moisture, with maximum sheen providing the perfect finishing touch. Its revolutionary non-sticky formula keeps lips moisturized while water-resistant and magnifying esters ensure long-lasting effects with a boost of volume. Its flat, smooth brush provides accurate application. I am an unabashed cheerleader for these Guerlain glosses and buy nearly every one that comes along.

Here's a photo of the two new glosses at my house, taken in bright, full sun. Could you resist these colors? If you say yes, look at the swatch photos below, and you might reconsider.

Grenade (873) is shown at the top of my arm, and Sable Snow (851) is shown below. They are beyond brilliant - exactly what I expect from my glosses. I have to pay Guerlain a compliment. They sure make appealing lip glosses.

As you can see, Grenade is a peachy coral. The color is saturated and shiny. Even though it's a warm shade, it looks blazingly beautiful on my lips (and face). I'll be wearing it all week, and no one will ever pry this one from my greedy fingers. Sable Snow is one of the prettiest champagne shades I've ever purchased. Look at the sparkle! Unlike many sheer shades in this range, it has some color to add a sparkle to your lipstick or to give you a nude look when worn alone. Two new colors...two new loves. Some people dream of finding buried treasure. One of my dreams is to stumble upon a case of Guerlain KissKiss glosses.

I purchased my new KissKiss Glosses at Neiman Marcus. They are also available at Nordstrom. I'm sure you'll be able to find Guerlain's Fall 2012 Collection at all Guerlain counters soon. Remember, these shades are limited, so make sure to secure them soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

19 comments:

Northerngirl said...

Sable snow is a gorgeous color. I must have it.
Does anyone in Canada know where I can buy Guerlain? I'm hoping at The Bay.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Northerngirl,

Is there any U.S. store, like NM, that will ship to Canada?

Anonymous said...

would love to see you in Grenada!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I've always wanted to own a KissKiss gloss--if not just for the insanely beautiful packaging (I'm not ashamed to admit it! :P)! But Grenade is so beautiful, I guess I can have the best of both worlds. Such a lovely color!

Anonymous said...

@Northerngirl - Hello! I adore Guerlain, it's one of my favorite brands. You can purchase products from The Bay and Holt Renfrew. Not all The Bays' will have a counter though. If you do not have any stores nearby, try Saks.com. They ship internationally!

Anonymous said...

Northerngirl, there are some Bays that carry Guerlain, as well as some of the Shopper's Beauty Boutiques. If not, Holt Renfrew definitely does and will always ship right to your door with just a phone call.

sunnlitt said...

That Grenade is an incredible shade.
What a beauty!!
I can understand your love, thanks for the swatches.

Anonymous said...

hi charleston girl!!! thankyou very much for posting this!! these colors look lovely and should be gorgeous with their new eyeshadow pallette.are you going to review any of the rouge g's? i'm interested in bonnie because, it seems the most neutral, understated. xo to you!! wendy

Charlestongirl said...

Would love to see it on you too, Anonymous! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, KissKiss glosses are top-notch. You must buy one!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sunnlitt!

It's as luscious as a ripe peach.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Wendy,

Unfortunately, I'm not. The new Rouge G shades are all too dark for me.

Victoria Champagne said...

This will be my first G KissKiss gloss purchase.. As usual, Ur review & swatches have me longing for sable snow! They are both lovely! Love the fact that there is actual color to the gloss...I'm not a big fan of super sheer ;~)
Thanks again Charleston Girl & as usual, Ur post had me at...Champagne ;~P

Marie said...

The Grenade shade is so pretty! Usually I don't like lip glosses but I think the next time I go to Sephora, I'll try on of them!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Victoria! You must try one. They are so special.

Charlestongirl said...

Let us know what you think, Marie!

Idaira said...

I'm in love with Grenade!!! it's great for summer!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Idaira,

It's definitely a perfect color for now!

Christina Perri said...

I love the shade of this lip gloss.
Stunning!