Friday, July 27, 2012

Estée Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick

Estée Lauder's Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick ($25) will catch your eye. I was speed-shopping at Neiman Marcus before an event and selected two shades. I find it hard to believe I chose two shades out of 16 that were almost identical, but it happened. Either that or someone made a mistake in pulling my choices. No matter. These lipsticks are gorgeous.

Color so vivid, it's luminous. Light-emitting prism pearls create multiluminous effects. For amplified color with unprecedented sparkling shine. Clusters of up to eight different shaped pearls cast diamond-like reflections. Silver and gold sparkle pearls neutralize lip tones. All shades looks great on every skin tone. Feels so good - lightweight, creamy, conditioning. 

The marketing blurb is all true. I think these new lip colors are spectacular. I had a chance after work this week to get a few swatch photos. Take a look at the two shades I purchased, Magnetic Magenta (F7, shown at left above) and Pink Riot (F8, shown at right).

Think I like pink? Magnetic Magenta is shown at the top of my arm, with Pink Riot below. These lip colors are gloriously shiny and offer medium coverage. They look good and feel good. I need more - a little variety - so I'll be shopping the Estée Lauder counter again this weekend.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. I have not found Vivid Shine at the Estée Lauder Web site yet, but you can see these new lipsticks at Nordstrom's Web site. Maybe Electric Mauve will be the next to join my collection.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

shontay07108 said...

I played with these in Bloomingdales today. Very impressive. I walked away w/o any though because I wanted to think about it. I'm really funny about what lipsticks I buy and wear. I did buy one of the new shadows, though. I think I'll go back for the Fireball lipstick. It's an orange shade and that's right up my alley.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Wow--those really are vivid! That's funny, they really are practically identical--pretty though. Maybe the one on the bottom is a touch warmer?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shontay!

Fireball was well-named. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca, there's a little difference, but not enough to have warranted a purchase of both. :) Rose Pink is a tad warmer, but it's still cool.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thank you for posting, they are gorgeous colors!
Do you think they are similar to the Rouge Coco Shine?