Thursday, July 26, 2012

Estée Lauder Pure Color Cyber Metallic Gelée Powder EyeShadow

"Ooh baby," as one of my friends says when he sees something he loves!  Estée Lauder's Pure Color Cyber Metallic Gelée Powder EyeShadows ($24) - new single eye shadows created with the same technology used for the company's Powder Gelée palettes - are like magnets at the Estée Lauder counter. Try to walk past without playing with them. They will draw in any makeup lover. The shadows are one of three new Pure Color products; the others are Vivid Shine Lipstick (stay tuned here) and stunning new Nail Lacquers.

Pure Color Cyber Eyes Gelée Powder EyeShadows offer richly pigmented shades with a shiny, metallic finish. The colors are so vivid, they are luminous. The collection puts the eyes squarely at center stage in shades that flatter and rope in the eyes. These texturally graphic shadows drench the lids in drama with shades that are theatrical, yet wearable. Tom Pecheux is on a long winning streak.

I had to have at least two. I purchased Cyber Copper (01) and Cyber Gold (08). There were lots of other colors, but copper and gold are "me colors." I was finally able to get photos of them yesterday. I took my swatch photos in full sun. I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator. Naturally, we will all use a brush to apply these shades, and I plan to wear them with a bit less oomph.

Cyber Copper, shown at the top of my arm, is a shimmering (not metallic) copper-toned brown. It's not copper to my eyes. In fact, as you can see above, it has some mauve in it. It's a gorgeous hybrid color.

Cyber Gold is a pigmented gold. It applies easily and evenly for a stunning gold lid. I admire the ease of application. Some golds can apply unevenly, making me work to achieve even color. Not this one!

Estée Lauder describes Pure Color Gelée Powder as a "tribrid" formula of liquid, powder, and gel that goes beyond normal powder formulas. Whatever the company did in the lab works perfectly in "real life." The texture and finish of these shadows are fabulous.

I purchased my two at Neiman Marcus. They are available at Nordstrom's Web site, where you can see the uber-colorful sisters of the two I selected. You must go look!

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Elysse said...

They look so vivid! Do you think they would b prone to crease a lot? That's what always springs to mind when I hear of gel-for eyeshadows. I had an RMK gel-to-powder eyeshadow that creased way too much.

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

Gah!! Gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Elysse!

These don't crease on me. They are fabulous shadows. I do wear a primer.

Charlestongirl said...

I love the, Leticia, "Gah" :)

Unknown said...

Loving the look of these! I've been so excited to start seeing swatches!

LilyBiscuit said...

They're really beautiful! I went to the Nordstrom site and saw that there are 16 colors! Decisions,decisions! I think I'll go look at them all in person....and pick up more than one :)

Cindy's Societal said...

Ooooh these look intriguing, Charlestongirl!! Very pigmented and smooth :)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Goodness these are so pigmented--your swatches are beautiful!

ItsthaTOP said...

These look amazing! I am especially loving the copper. I may have to get that one! Thanks for sharing.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, PP, these are saturated and your kind of shadows!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi LilyBiscuit,

Yep. Some of the colors are very colorful, like peacock feathers. That might make it easy to narrow down your selections.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Becca and Cindy,

These are very pigmented - and smooth. Top-flight formula!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi ItsthaTOP!

Everyone has to see these. I think they are fabulous.