Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette from the Midnight Roses Fall 2012 Collection

Lancôme's Blush Subtil Palettes ($42) from the Midnight Roses Fall 2012 Color Collection are so pretty you'll want at least one. I couldn't make up my mind, so I purchased two. Available in three colorways in Pinks-Berries and three in Reds-Corals, there is bound to be one that's perfect for you.

Sensationally Smooth. All-in-One Blush Palette to Sculpt and Enhance Your Best Features.  Artistry is made easy with three simple steps to contour, blush, and highlight your complexion.  For any skin tone, any face shape - your complexion naturally enhanced.  Define your face, enhance or diminish any features for a complexion that is illuminated, brightened, and lifted.

Skip all the marketing lingo, and what you'll face is a gorgeous palette with three shades: a contour/bronzer shade, a blush, and a highlighter. It really is all-in-one cheek design.

I purchased #323, Rose Flush (shown at left directly above), which offers a matte tan contour shade, shimmering rose pink blush, and iridescent pale pink highlighter. I thought there was nothing prettier until I tried #359, Framboise Flirt (shown at right). The only difference in the shades is that Framboise Flirt is ever so slightly darker, and the contour shade is slightly more golden.

The proof of their similarities and differences lies in the swatch photos. I swatched both palettes with sponge-tipped applicators and took my photos in full sun. I'll apologize for the scratch on my arm, which isn't pretty, but needs to heal.

The Rose Flush swatches are shown above. The bronzer/contour shade is a perfect shade for pale faces; the pink blush is drop-dead gorgeous; and the pink highlighter, although hard to see on my arm, is stunning.

The Framboise Flirt swatches are shown below. It has subtle differences and might be best for those who love pinks, but need a little more color. I hope you can see that all three shades offer a little more color payoff.. I'd reach for either palette.

After the beautifully edited colors, the nicest feature of these Blush Subtil Palettes is the creamy texture of the powders. While I was first testing them, I started to wonder if they were creams, not powders. That texture gives the shades a "binding" power that will ensure that your artistry stays with you all day. These palettes are luxurious.

I thought it might be fun to purchase one of the Reds-Corals, but I need to see Nectar Lace, the lightest, in person. I purchased my two at Lancôme's Web site - another wonderful blind buy from Lancôme. You know I like something when I want more!

The Midnight Roses Collection is dramatic. With red lip colors and black red nail lacquer, it parallels other fall/holiday collections in intensity. Many of the shades are too intense for my tastes, but if you like red, you're in for a treat. I'm very curious about Le Lipstique, a pencil lip color with a wide range of shades, but I need to see it in person before I buy. There's a visit to the counter in my future.

Photos at top courtesy of Lancôme; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

grlnxdor said...

I'm gonna be on the lookout for these! Love that the contour , blush and highlight is in one case. What a winner!

Evelyn said...

You read my mind! lol I bought Rose Flush the other day and I was thinking about Framboise Flirt but I think the contour shade is a bit too golden for me. I'll think about it some more and maybe it will come home with me too. I do like how the shades work together.

Eileen said...

I adore Lancôme's fun and economical Color Design Shadow and Liner palettes and gave them as stocking stuffers last holiday season. The color selections are young and fun and everything you need to create a variety of looks is right there in one little travel friendly compact that fits easily into a clutch. So, when I saw that Lancôme was headed in the same direction with cheek palettes, I had to go and check them out and I was very impressed to see that they've done a wonderful job of taking into consideration color selections for various skintones. Highlight, contour, and blush for light complexions? You got it! Highlight, contour, and blush for dark complexions? Yes, indeed! The cheek palettes really are well executed and very reasonably priced. Perhaps they'll be this year's stocking stuffers :-)

Evelyn said...

I think we need to get on your Christmas list Eileen! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Such lovely palettes. When you say Framboise Flirt is more golden is it golden as in shiny or just more yellow. Does it have shimmer as the other one is flat matt?
Thank you !

Charlestongirl said...

Hi grlnxdor, you should love them. I sure do!

Charlestongirl said...

I dare you to pick one over the other, Evelyn!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, I want to be on that list too!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous, they are both matte. One has more yellow in it than the other. It's not muddy, though.

Mary Ann said...

I swear you have ESP. I saw these online the other day, and I was hoping you would do a review, and you did! Thank you! I like the Framboise Flirt as well.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Lovely swatches! I am definitely going for Nectar Lace, though I hope that the contour shade isn't TOO light for me. I just like something a bit warmer/peachier--although I am liking Rose Flush a lot more than I thought I would :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann,

Glad I could get them posted!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca,

I have to see Nectar Lace. It looks so very pretty!