Friday, July 27, 2012

The Friday Forum - July 27

The photo above shows what I'd like to do this weekend. Somehow, last night, I managed to hurt myself (perhaps it was slinging a carton of Wonka Shockers to the side). I feel OK when I'm still - but moving, coughing, normal movements hurt. It hurts even to touch my lower ribs on my back. Pulled muscle? Maybe. It surprised me when I had sudden pain after going to bed last night. I can tell now that it will have to be a relaxing weekend. I do, unfortunately, still need to catch up on errands, one of which is a trip to Sephora to return the melted lipsticks I had planned to take back last weekend.

Many thanks to everyone for your kindness last weekend. Mom is feeling better. She's not entirely back to normal, but she's much better. She told me this week her back hurt and that she wished her easy chair had a massage function. I arranged to have a legit massage therapist go to her house this afternoon and give her a real massage. I hope she likes it. I don't think Mom has ever had a professional massage.

This was a very cloudy week. I still have many new beauties to show you. I'm hoping for a sunny weekend. I'd like a chance for a re-do on Guerlain's Pink Punk, and I need to get some good photos of Peach Boy. I caved and bought it. I also want to tell you about the informative Sisley Paris master class I attended last Saturday. Plus, I've got some dynamite new skin care to feature.

There is a new Chanel fragrance being released in August. Coco Noir has been hush-hush, code-named Gold. Here are the notes.
  • Top: grapefruit, bergamot, and orange
  • Heart: jasmine, rose, red geranium, and Indonesian patchouli
  • Base: Brazilian tonka bean, Bourbon vanilla, sandalwood, frankincense, and white musk.
I cannot wait to get a whiff! I'm also very excited by By Kilian's upcoming In the Garden of Good and Evil line of fragrances. I plan to write a feature on the fragrances I've been wearing this month. I think you'll love them.

It's time for the Friday Forum, our open chat. What new products did you discover this week? Did you find any deals you couldn't resist? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By early the next week, most (not all) readers will have moved on.

Don't forget this week's cool giveaway contest. The deadline to enter to win NARS' Beach Lover five-piece set is tomorrow night, Saturday, July 28, at midnight. You know the drill to enter.

Photo source lost - my apologies to the photographer

20 comments:

erin said...

ooo! coco noir sounds amazing! i have always been a fan of coco, amoung the chanel line. august you say? i can't wait:)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Erin,

Coco Noir does sound scrumptious. I think the date is August 17.

Nina said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing better, but sorry to hear about your mystery injury! I am a big believer in heating pads as a cure-all! Back to Beauty: Charlestongirl, have you heard anything about Nars being pulled from Neiman's? Nars is no longer available at my local Neiman's (King of Prussia) and the SAs said it was being pulled from all the stores. Very Strange! I thought maybe you (or one of your awesome readers) might know something about this.

AnneD said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing better and sorry to hear about your injury.

On an excursion to Saks to do some sniffing, I scored some By Killian samples. I got ROse Oud, Cruel Intentions, and Back to Black. Does anyone else have a problem with longevity on the By Killian line? After a few minutes, they seem to disappear. I love all the fragrances and they seem to be really quality made, so I am sure it is just me.

Chanel fragrances always work for me and I will really look forward to the Coco Noir. It has to be fabulous!

Lancome has a new fragrance coming out in August also. I hear Julia Roberts will be the face for this fragrance.

Good weekend to all!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I hope you feel better, CG--have a relaxing weekend and get better!! Same goes for your mom (I hope she enjoyed the massage! I'd kill for one right now...)

As for new discoveries, I was ECSTATIC to learn that the nearest, smallest Nordstrom in my area now has a Kevyn Aucoin counter. I have never tried anything from the brand before--but I've heard amazing things. OMG, I fell in love with EVERYTHING! I only walked away with The Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days and The Essential Eye Shadow Set in #1 though...but I am DEFINITELY going back for the Candelight highlighter. It's even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined it to be!!! I'm in love!

Happy Friday CG and have a great weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Nina, NARS was indeed pulled from my NM. I guess it wasn't selling.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anne,

Some of the By Kilians last longer on me than others. Just spray more. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Becca,

Just talked to Mom. She felt a little light-headed from lying on the massage table and relaxing. Otherwise, she said she liked it. :)

My Bloomies has a Kevyn Aucoin counter in SPACE.NK. You just reminded me. I bought a new bronzer and totally forgot to try it! Oops.

alrenwald said...

I was at Nordstrom's in Chandler last Saturday and splurged on a few things--Chanel lip liner in Amarante, Estee Lauder velvet underground eyeshadow palette with the GWP, Mia2 Clarisonic, Bobbi Brown palette, Kevin Aucoin lipgloss in (forgot the name), Trish Mcevoy skincare (so excited!) And a few Butter London plus Deborah Lippmann nail polishes. I haven't tried anything except the Chanel lipljner-- it is velvetty in texture and brownish plum. Love. Anyone have any experience with the Trish McEvoy skincare line???

Nemo said...

Love your casual kitten on the computer photo! I have been caring for a dog and a tiny kitten for one of my clients. I haven't held a kitten in years, and I can't hold this one very long because it is such a little devil. White, with black spots and a bad-to-the-bone personality. There is nothing like a kitten. Meanwhile, just ordered the lovely Guerlain Les Fauves eye quad. Can you suggest a copper eye pencil per chance?

AnneD said...

Alrenwald, I purchased some Trish skincare at Nordstroms and so far I like it. I got the skin care set that was advertised for anniversary. I just started using it so I can't rate it at this point, but I feel it is comparable to all the high end lines. I have been using Kate Somerville and I really like that line. I just couldn't pass up that Trish special price. You did good! And you will really like the Clarisonic! That is the best money I ever spent.

Mary Ann said...

Happy to hear your mom is feeling better. My first Killian purchase was the Back to Black, even if I do not smell it on me, I receive many compliments on it. Rose oud stayed on me well also, some of my other samples I did not care for. Excited about the new ones. I bought a Shiseido lip lacquer in Drama this week and got my goodies from Nordies,
which included the new Lancome Blush in Framboise Flirt. I really like it and got a nice gift with it

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

CG--

lol! I wish I had so much makeup that I could actually forget about something new like that! As it is, I just get so darn excited about my new products, I try to photograph them asap in pristine condition and then get to the playtime :P Which bronzer did you get??

lov2read68 said...

I can't wait to read about your Sisley master class experience. And your new skincare! The Chanel scent sounds intriguing. The Estee Lauder Vivid shine lipsticks look very pretty - especially like Poppy Love & Gunmetal mixed together.

I'm glad that your mom is doing better! I'm so sorry that you have a mystery injury - I hope it is better by now.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Alrenwald,

I've never used Trish skin care. So many lines, so little time...

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, try the Lancôme summer one. It's really nice.

Kittens! Love them!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for helping, Anne!

Charlestongirl said...

Nice choices, Mary Ann!

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, I have to find the bag!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lov2read!

I have to get that Sisley write-up done this week. New makeup keeps pushing skin care off my radar. My bad.