Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My By Terry Makeup Fun

Two weeks ago, I had a wonderful By Terry makeup session at SPACE.NK at Bloomingdale's at Tysons Corner Center. Brian Bracero, National Trainer & Makeup Artist, was visiting for two days, and Camille Pellegrino, the manager there, made sure I got an appointment. I am so glad! I loved the look he created for me.

I was most impressed with the eye shadow colors he selected for me. He started with a base of Ombre Blackstar "Color-Fix" Cream Eyeshadow ($42.50-$43.00) in #3, Blond Opal, a great, gleaming base shade for me. I'd even wear it alone on the lid below the crease. Then he skillfully applied two shadow shades in Ombre Veloutee Powder Eye Shadow ($40). He used two golden, summery shades on me. Peach Loukoum is shown at left above, with Creme Brûlée shown to the right of it. Sorry, no accent marks in this feature! I will correct when my Internet comes back.

Here are some swatch photos, taken in full sun. I applied Blond Opal directly from the tube at the top of my arm, Peach Loukoum in the middle, and Creme Brûlée at the bottom. I applied the powders with a sponge-tipped applicator.

I really loved the eyeliner he selected, but I haven't purchased it yet. I've saved it for my next By Terry treat. Crayon Kohl Terrybly in Bronze Generation will be mine soon. It's very dark, but complements a golden, summery look perfectly.

Of course, he used By Terry foundation, blush, and lip colors on me. I purchased a "my lips but darker" lipstick I didn't have.

I'll show you that another day. I am really constrained with what I can do until I get my Internet service back. I am still using a neighbor's computer. I continue to have no Internet or wireless access, and Verizon is now denying to the local news that they a wireless problem. This situation has been very frustrating. I can't type on my friend's computer very well, so I'll apologize before publication for any typos.

Here I am with Brian. He is a superb artist. He was fast too. I've had makeup sessions that lasted twice as long. I gave him free rein to select colors - no restrictions. He chose colors I loved, and he applied them amazingly quickly. I hope he returns soon.

If you get a chance to schedule a session with Brian, do it! He's fun and has a great eye for color. Plus, he's using fabulous makeup. By Terry is available at SPACE.NK - in store and on their Web site.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

BeautyTraveler said...

I love him..I believe he worked at Barneys previously. He was so cool miss him.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Traveler!

Brian told me he still spends a lot of time there. Call to ask when he will be there next. :)

lizzybee said...

Soon this nightmare will be over for you, Charlestongirl; there will be a special place in Heaven for folks like you who are dealing as well as you apparently are. Thank you for thinking of your readers during this hellish trying time- you know how appreciated your efforts and swatches and sharing all are!! Hang in ... xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Beth, this situation is trying my patience. I know the problems are mammoth, but you would think Verizon would have some priority.

The place in heaven belongs to the boots on the ground and in the air, the linemen who are fixing things. When out-of-state help arrived, things started to get better...fast.

Crista said...

I just discovered the Sheer Cover Expert Foundation. I despise the scent but it only lasts a couple of minutes and I can deal w/ that for this fabulous foundation!!

Eileen said...

The colors that were selected for you couldn't have been better, Charlestongirl. They look gorgeous with your silvery blond hair. Isn't By Terry an extraordinary brand? I'm just beginning to explore the products and have been very pleased so far. I really should make a point of keeping my eye open for a makeup artist event. That's always a nice way to learn more about a line.

memoiselle said...

You look very pretty and elegant in the picture. By Terry cosmetics are just awesome, they're expensive but great.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!! Simply stunning. I just bought one of the By Terry Foundations in San Francisco and it's amazing. Next time I want one of her blushes! They just glow!
So sorry you still don't have your internet fixed. I hope it gets fixed soon!