Rouge G L'Extrait features a soft, creamy texture for an easy and precise application. The matte finish is sophisticated, but not boring. It's not flat matte. The original Rouge G Lipstick case has been re-interpreted in a sleeker, longer version, but it's no lighter (one my my wishes). The mirror is incredibly handy on the go, but the product adds weight to my handbag. One you figure out how to open the case (following the directions on the overlay), turn the handle to reveal the product.
The formula, like a second skin, offers rejuvenating and smoothing benefits that increase with continued application.
- Hyaluronic acid - nature's sponge, to smooth and plump the lips
- Centella asiatica (Tiger Grass) - known for stimulating collagen synthesis and boosting the firming process
- Guggul resin (used in Ayurvedic medicine) - included for its smoothing action
- M06, Avarice, is beige for greed.
- M25, Colère, is red for wrath.
- M27, Luxure, is brown for lust.
- M41, Envie, is envious orange.
- M65, Paresse, my favorite, is pink for sloth.
- M69, Orgueil, is plum for pride.
- M71, Gourmandise, is raspberry for gluttony.
For those with more sophisticated tastes - and liquid lipstick lovers - a stop at the Guerlain counter to see the collection will be mandatory. The new fall shades of Rouge G L’Extrait are available at select locations of Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and at Bergdorf Goodman.I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus.
Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty