Thursday, July 26, 2012

Guerlain L'Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Les Fauves from the Fall 2012 Color Collection

Guerlain's gorgeous Les Fauves (#14, $59) L'Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette was introduced with the Fall 2012 Colors, but is part of the permanent collection. The moment I saw the press photos, I gasped. I knew I wanted it. The testers arrived at the store before the for-sale product, teasing me and making me wait a few more days. I was finally satisfied when I purchased it yesterday.

This long-lasting eye shadow palette, composed with a unique harmony of warm oranges and browns, was specially selected to allow us to mix, match, blend, and layer to define many looks. I haven't had much time to play with color combinations, but I already love the shades individually.

I took my photos in full sun. I swatched starting with the brown on the left side of  the palette and working clockwise, ending with the coral-peach at bottom center. I used a sponge-tipped applicator and applied the shades heavily - very heavily - for the photos.

Don't you think these shades are gasp-worthy? The copper brown at the top of my arm is shimmering and stunning. The satin autumn orange is unique. I was originally wary of it until I applied it as an accent color paired with the shimmering copper below it. Wow! Both shades are fascinating because they translate on the skin as much different shades than they appear to be in the compact. The shimmering copper makes my eyes as blue as they will ever look.

The almost matte coral-peach is a difficult shade for me to wear on my eyes, but it's drop-dead gorgeous on my cheeks. Those with warmer skin will want to wear it as an eye shadow. I'm happy using it as a blush.

Remember, I swatched these shades heavily. Apply them normally, and they will delight you.

Les Fauves L'Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette is unique in my collection. I know without opening 10 storage boxes that I have no color palettes like it. It offers heavenly saturated colors for fall, each with a gorgeous finish on the lids. I think it's a must-have for Guerlain fans. What do you think?

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. You should be able to find it and the rest of the fall collection at Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, select Saks Fifth Avenue stores, Bloomingdale's, Sephora, and online - soon if not now.

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this palette! This is another one on my must have fall list! Just gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy, I think this palette was made for you!

Lulle said...

I really wouldn't be able to wear the coral shade on my lids, but I can totally see it work as a blush. Without a lighter useable shade, I feel like the palette is missing something though.

Teasmade said...

This was made for me as well, and it's not in Sephora yet. Must add to list!

(If I am wrong, please tell me!)

Charlestongirl said...

I can't wear that color, but I'm so pale. However, it's a gorgeous blush, Lulle!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi, tweeymma!

It will show at Sephora eventually. Keep an eye out.

TheDiversePhD said...

Absolutely gorgeous, they are so rich and pigmented :)

Andromeda said...

Hi,

Do you think these shadows will look good on someone with brown eyes, fair but very warm skin tone and dark blonde hair?

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I'm obsessed with this palette! I have been loving corals/peaches on the eyes lately--they're so brightening. I bet this one will be lovely for a variety of skin tones!

Eileen said...

I adore rich, warm browns, coppers, oranges, and russets on the eyes so I've already got my Guerlain gal on alert to give me a call as soon as Les Fauves arrives. Rich yet delicate Éclosion for spring, bright and cheerful Capri for summer, shimmering and smoldering Les Fauves for autumn. These are definitely my kind of colors. And what a delightful name--Les Fauves--The Deer.

Luxury Zone said...

Fstunning,love it,love it…the fashion is just so awesome,love the images…love your blog xo

Andrea radiantorchid88 said...

Love this palette!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw this pallette,
I had to buy it even tho I'll be living on toast for a week!

Holly_Makes_Up said...

I love and appreciate your swatches so much! xo