Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Crema Nera Obsidian Mineral High Recovery Elixir

Even the photo has a magical connotation! I see a serum that exists high above the rest, almost other-worldly, emanating light. Giorgio Armani Beauty's newest member of the Crema Nera family of skin-care products is Obsidian Mineral High Recovery Elixir ($150). It is designed to correct the texture of our skin; make it smooth, firm, and radiant; and repair age and ultraviolet-induced imperfections. The elixir is in pre-sale at Saks Fifth Avenue Armani counters. Knowing it would be an instant "must-have," the Saks decided to take advance orders. I've paid for mine, and I expect to have it in my hands and on my face the first week in May. Saks will receive it almost a month before other retailers.

What will the magical elixir do? Based on tests, Armani Beauty says that after six weeks of use, 98% of women will see smoother skin, 83% will see dark spots corrected, 90% will find their skin more radiant, and 93% will report firmer skin. It feels firming. The little dab I was able to try had a few seconds of a firming feel and left my skin smooth.

How does it work?
  • Armani's OMC3 restructures the skin matrix and prevents slacking, one of the horrors of aging. It also promises a three-fold increase in collagen production.
  • Extrema (Armani's antioxidant blend) helps detoxify (by 80%) and protects the skin's DNA from ultraviolet-induced oxidation. The company says that Extrema is 200% more effective than vitamin E, a widely used antioxidant.
  • Crystal Complex is comprised of vitamins C and G and palmaria palmata (a red algae that binds water and doubles as an antioxidant). It inhibits and regulates melanin production, helping to "retrain" damaged skin cells to reproduce as healthy cells.
Obsidian Mineral High Recovery Elixir should be used as your night serum - all over the face and neck - before moisturizer. Our skin regenerates at night, so the serum will be most effective if applied then. I can't wait to get my hands on my very own elixir!

If you want to be one of the first to try the newest member of the Crema Nera family, you can pre-order it from your Saks Armani representative - or from the members of the Armani Beauty Team at Saks in Chevy Chase, Maryland by calling (240) 497-5206. You can also ring through the switchboard by calling (301) 657-9000. They will take good care of you.

Photo courtesy of Armani Beauty

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what do you think of it?

Charlestongirl said...

I just got it on Friday of last week! It will take me a few weeks to know if I love it.

Anonymous said...

haha ok! i'm just curious about the texture..

Charlestongirl said...

It's a thin, milky liquid serum that definitely leaves a protective film on your face. So far, so good!

Anonymous said...

keep us posted! :)

Rashim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlestongirl said...

Hi Adam,

I would not recommend this firming serum for you. It's intended for someone over 30 who is concerned about wrinkling and firmness.

There is an Armani serum you could use (day and night). It's even made especially for men. It's called Fortifying Serum Skin Minerals Men, and you can find it at the Armani Web site: http://bit.ly/ce2j93

I think it's so nice that a young man is concerned about his skin! Most guys don't worry about it until it's too late! Good for you!

Nicolette Wong said...

Hello Charlestongirl - could you let us know if the serum has proven to be a good/effective one? I'm considering buy it. Thank you ;)

Charlestongirl said...

Nicolette,

I am not sold on it. I think that it might be best for a younger person (from the looks of your photo, that might be you!).

It feels good and provides a nice base for my moisturizer. I'm not convinced that it made any significant difference in my skin's tone, texture, or smoothness.

Nicolette Wong said...

Thank you :) I'm 31 and looking for a night serum (skin can get a little rough/tired if I don't get enough rest). Would you happen to have any suggestions?

Charlestongirl said...

Nicolette,

If your skin can tolerate retinol, select a product with retinol in it. There are a zillion good ones, from high-end drugstore products to department store products.

Another ingredient to look for at your age is salicylic acid. Avon's new Luminoisity Pro Brightening Serum has it, and it's gentle.

Keep trying until you find one that perks up your skin!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm turning 23 this year and i have normal to oily combination skin. do you think this will be suitable for me and will it make any difference for my skin? I have some dark spots and red scars from acne. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

I don't think so, Florence. It's intended for someone over 30 who is concerned about wrinkling and firmness.

I'd recommend you talk to your doctor about Retin-A or Renova.