Monday, April 26, 2010

Kinerase Ultimate Volume Lip Conditioner SPF 20

Kinerase has introduced an innovative new lip balm, Ultimate Volume Lip Conditioner SPF 20 ($28). The lip conditioner includes collagen-boosting ingredients to correct the symptoms of aging by correcting wrinkles and plumping the lips for a nice full appearance, while providing UVA/UVB protection with its SPF 20 to prevent further sun damage to the lip area.

It has a cream-gel texture. It's not "hard," like some products referenced as balms. I would describe it as close in feel to the lovely Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner. That's high praise.

The conditioner is packed with great ingredients, including Volulip, a peptide complex that increases hyaluronic acid levels and stimulates the production of three types of collagen. As our lips age, they get thinner, so this treatment visibly plumps while it repairs the signs of aging, leaving noticeably smooth, full, and shiny lips.

Volulip has been shown to mimic hyaluronic acid injections in scientific lab studies. It is said to increase the appearance of lip volume by up to 15%. I am using Ultimate Volume Lip Conditioner, and I think that's an accurate assessment. When you apply it, there is a slight (I do mean slight) tingling for a few minutes. I knew right away my lips would look plumper, but I was pleasantly surprised when I looked in the mirror. I got my 15%! I don't like those lip plumpers that are nearly painful. The tingling with this one is short-term and barely noticeable.

The new conditioner also includes dehydrasomes, organic phospholipids that attract water, locking in moisture to rehydrate and plump the lips. This is why you should use the conditioner day and night - or as often as you want - to keep your lips feeling and looking smooth.

Naturally, because it's a Kinerase product, it includes Kinetin, the company's cornerstone ingredient. Kinetin is a plant growth factor that improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and increases the skin’s ability to maintain moisture. It's the ingredient that has made other Kinerase skin-care treatments uniquely successful.

You can purchase Kinerase Ultimate Volume Lip Conditioner at the Kinerase Web site, where it will be back in stock soon, or at DERMAdoctor, LovelySkin.com, or your favorite online site or retailer for Kinerase. This one's definitely worth checking out!

My thanks to our regional Kinerase representative for sending me this product. I love it! I'm a Class 1 lip balm addict and a loyal Kinerase fan, so I was dying to try it. As a card-carrying lip balm addict, I reapply something to moisten my lips at least every 30 minutes. (As an aside, I had a professor in college who told us one could get addicted to lip balm. I thought he was loony. Little did I know at the time!) I find that this new Kinerase product gives me extra time between balm applications, and once it absorbs, it allows my other lip products - lipstick, gloss - to last longer.

Update 4/27: I understand that the lip conditioner will be available in the retail stores in May.

Photo courtesy of Kinerase

2 comments:

Prime Beauty said...

I definitely need to try this! My lips are thinning as I type this! Thanks for the great review!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi!

This new lip conditioner is pretty cool. Look for a sale! You can usually find a Kinerase discount somewhere. Every few dollars helps.