Thursday, April 15, 2010

La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush

Today, I met Raychel Wade, Cheeks to Chic founder, makeup artist, and Colour Ambassador for La Prairie. I had a great time talking with Raychel, and I'll publish her tips for makeup-wearing women (that should be most of us) this weekend. In the meantime, I wanted you to see a product I played with today, Cellular Radiance Cream Blush ($70).

This is a beautiful cream blush! Available in a selection of four flattering shades, the Cellular Radiance Cream Blush gives the skin a luminous glow with hydrating, long-lasting color to enhance the contours of your face and your smile.

All four shades are gorgeous. How to choose when your skin can wear warm or cool shades, depending on season, clothing, and mood? I couldn't decide! The shades are Berry Glow, Rose Glow, Peach Glow, and Honey Glow. I was most drawn to Berry Glow and Rose Glow - just because they are my "comfort zone colors."

This is a cream blush you can apply with your fingertips or a brush. I like the control I get from using my fingers. What's nice is that you can take it with you and touch up at the end of the work day if you are going straight from work to happy hour or dinner. It's housed in an elegant mirrored compact.

Cellular Radiance Cream Blush is extremely hydrating. Its creamy texture makes application a breeze. I love cream blushers. As a rule, they impart a more natural blush to my cheeks. Sometimes, powder blushers can sit on the top of foundation, drawing attention to themselves, not you. Skillful blending will make powders perfect, but it's easier with creams - especially if you have dry skin.

If you haven't seen Cellular Radiance Cream Blush, you can check it out at La Prairie's Web site, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, or your favorite La Prairie counter.

Update 4/16: I bought Rose Glow. It was really close. Loyd Cassler at Saks helped me choose Rose Glow today, but he loves Berry Glow too. :)

Photo courtesy of La Prairie

No comments: