Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's New at Smashbox

Plenty! I had a bird's eye view last Saturday after the Nordstrom Trends Show. Smashbox had stations set up for makeup applications, and Chris Coles and I "monopolized" one of the Smashbox artists to try their new products. Today, I'll tell you about the first two that captured my attention - and wallet. There's more to come.

The Smashbox photo at the top of this post doesn't begin to capture the fabulous colors available in the limited-edition Glambox ($68). It had sold out at Tysons Corner; mine will come from the Nordstrom at Dulles Town Center. If I had it in my hands, I would photograph it. As soon as I get it, I will add my own photo to this post.

See the geometric Baked Cheek & Highlighter Palette? It's filled with lightly shimmering shades that, when mixed, provide a rosy blush. In my mind, it's a blusher, although you could certainly use a small brush to select one of the lightest shades for use as a highlighter. This palette is exclusive to the Glambox. You want it, you purchase the whole collection. That shouldn't be a roadblock because you get $195 worth of products for $68! The cheek and highlighter palette was on a small table surrounded by makeup, and it reached out and grabbed my attention.

Here's what's in the Glambox - all beautiful colors for the spring and summer season and beyond.
  • Lip Tech in Posey - pretty in pink
  • Baked Cheek & Highlighter Palette in Blossom - truly gorgeous
  • Fan Brush #22 - incredibly useful
  • Lip Enhancing Gloss in Petal - pretty in pink
  • Beauty in Bloom Eye Palette - three full-sized trios and nine shadows!
  • Bionic Mascara in Jet Black - with aloe, wheat protein, silk, and olive oil to strengthen and condition your lashes as it lengthens, strengthens, and adds volume (check out the link for more information)
The new Limitless Eye Liner ($19) comes in five shades. The waterproof long-wearing liner provides bold definition that won’t smudge or budge for eight hours or longer. This creamy, easy-to-apply formula contains vitamin E and jojoba oil to moisturize and protect. I love the way it applies, and I'm sure the "good-for-you" ingredients have something to do with its easy glide. The cap houses a built-in sharpener so you’ll always have the most precise application. I like that too because I want my liner to be "sharp" and thin - and I misplace sharpeners regularly.

I purchased Indigo Ink, a deep navy to show off my blue eyes. I was very tempted by the teal-toned, eye-catching Peacock. It was clearly the artist favorite on Saturday. I resisted because I was already over my "budget" when Chris and I wandered over to Smashbox. In addition to Indigo Ink and Peacock, the liner is available in Onyx (black), Java (deep brown), and Black Violet (deep purple). If you want a liner for summer that won't budge, check out the Limitless Eye Liners. They are a great value, and there's a shade to match every mood and personality.

You can purchase these Smashbox products at Nordstrom or at the Smashbox Web site. Smashbox is offering free shipping on any order.

Photos courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: