Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lancome Bronze Riviera Summer 2010 Color Collection

Lancome's new Bronze Riviera Collection for Summer 2010 offers playful bronze and celebratory pink expressed in complementary shades designed to make you gorgeous this season.

Be lavished in shades of gold and bronze that jet you away to the beautiful places and faces of the Riviera. The most luxurious elements of nature all come together now to create this summer’s hottest color collection - with pops of pink to add a happy play of color to any look.

I went shopping at Lancome.com, and the first new item that leaped into my shopping cart was the limited-edition Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Bronze Riviera Palette in Pink Party Pretty ($45). These are easy-to-wear shades that will enhance your look whether you choose to tan (faux, I hope) or not. I was delighted when the palette arrived in the mail. It's prettier in person than it is in this Lancome photo. I like the texture and wear of Lancome shadows, and I know I'll reach for this palette often.

To compliment your shadows, Le Crayon Khôl ($28) makes a splash with a new waterproof formula. This creamy smooth dual-ended eye pencil perfectly lines, defines, and contours - and it will stay put no matter what summer throws at you. It's available in two duos, Sultry in Sunset and Sassy in Sunrise. I decided to wait to purchase one until I can see the shades in the store. I'm leaning toward the more conservative Sultry in Sunset.

That's not the half of it! I saw the Tropiques Minérale Bamboo Bronzer in Temptingly Bonze ($45) online and had the instant "I want's." It said Sold Out. Then I went to Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's looking for it. At that point, the collection had not arrived. I have since learned that there was a glitch with shipping. Never fear, it will be available. How could anyone resist a bronzer compact that looks so pretty, with its sunset/sunrise amid the trees design?

The Tropiques Minérale Bamboo Bronzer Compact opens to reveal a silky, sun-kissed, pressed mineral powder with a big, full-face mirror for the golden, glamorous glow of tropical sun in seconds. Intended to be dusted on cheek bones, forehead, nose, brow bones, chin, and décolletage, it will give you than fresh tan look without the sun exposure.

Can't wait for the compact? Try the handy Tropiques Minérale Magic Bronzing Brush ($33). It's available in a shade that works for all skin tones, and its self-contained reservoir of 100% mineral blusher automatically releases powder onto its brush at the press of a button for a natural-looking, shimmering, bronze glow from head to toe. Need convenient touch-ups on the go? This is your bronzer!

I ordered the Ageless Minérale Brightening Mineral Powder Blush with White Sapphire Complex ($29.50), which contains pure mineral pigments for soft, sheer color and a radiant blush. It's available in three colors. My choice was the lightest, Luminous Rose, and it's perfect for me. The blush is also available in Brilliant Berry and Sparkling Sand - the latter color designed to emphasize the bronze glow on your cheeks. Lancome says it provides six-hour wear; I'd say eight. It's fragrance free, oil-free, talc-free, and safe for sensitive skin. A perfect summer solution!

Lips and nails round out the collection for a complete, color-coordinated look. It's a beauty. Check it out at Lancome's Web site. I'm sure it will be at our favorite Lancome counters soon.

Photos courtesy of Lancome

No comments: