Wednesday, April 14, 2010

John Masters Organics Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Styling Gel

When I find a styling gel that doesn't weigh down my fine hair, but does add body and helps me hold my hair style, I get excited. I'm excited about the John Masters Organics Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Styling Gel ($17.50)!

This alcohol-free, lightweight gel formula adds shine, volume, and texture to my hair. My hair never feels dry or brittle after I apply it because it has none of the synthetic plastic ingredients found in most "commercial" brands. On top of that, it's made with certified organic ingredients!

The ingredients read like a botanical garden. Mandarin orange detoxifies the scalp and treats and strengthens dry hair. Silk protein improves the manageability, gloss, and texture of hair. Sclerotium gum, a mushroom-derived thickening agent, is a natural alternative to plastics often used to give your hair hold. Arabic gum, derived from the acacia tree, is a thickening agent that adds volume. Aloe vera gel helps provides a soft hold. It also has cedarwood oil and honeysuckle extract in it. I don't usually like hair products that are scented, but the all-natural scent of this styling gel is pure pleasure - a quick trip through the garden.

Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Styling Gel is amazingly good. I had it for months without using it, a failure I can't really explain. I think I feared a hair emergency. So, my first experience with it was on a weekend when I had time to recover. There was absolutely no need for my anxiety. I was delighted with it! I can give it an unqualified recommendation. It's "there," but you will barely notice it in your hair. What you will notice is added volume and hold. As a nice extra-added benefit, it's safe for color-treated hair.

You can purchase Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Styling Gel from John Masters Organics, where shipping is currently free.

No comments: