Thursday, April 1, 2010

Melvita Bio-excellence Lait Hydratant pour le Corps

Want an effective body moisturizer that's so lightweight it sinks into your skin instantly, allowing you to throw on a pair of slacks or blouse without fear of an oil slick? Melvita's Bio-excellence Moisturizing Body Milk ($28) was made for you!

This fresh, creamy body milk provides in-depth nourishment for the driest, most dehydrated skins and forms a protective film - without leaving behind a trace of "goo."

It combines the softening and exceptionally soothing properties of baobab with the firming qualities of kigelia and the invigorating qualities of macadamia, moringa, coconut. Added to the mix are the softness of shea, cocoa, and avocado butters and the soothing qualities of stevia and pumpkin sterols. Sound heavy? Only in effectiveness!

This body milk has a very subtle fruity fragrance. Each time I apply it on my legs and arms, I catch a slight whiff that smells berry-like (maybe strawberries?). It's a non-greasy, milky lotion that has a lasting moisturizing effect on my legs, which came out of winter looking as dusty as a scalp with dandruff! I'll admit that even beauty bloggers don't take the time to moisturize after every morning shower.

Like most Melvita products, Lait Hydratant pour le Corps (do I sound more wordly when I use its French name?) is a natural, organic treat for your skin. Melvita is French organic body care and beauty products leader. The company is located in the heart of the Ardèche countryside. Founded in 1983 by beekeeper and biologist Bernard Chevilliat, Melvita (meaning “honey and life” in Latin) has been a pioneer in the field of organic beauty for more than 25 years and is a passionate advocate for the complete organic lifestyle.

You can purchase Melvita at SkinStore, Beautorium, and other online sites. Right now, SkinStore has a great offer with purchase. While supplies last, you will receive a free moisturizing duo worth $20 with any $45 Melvita purchase. That's a great way to try some new products!

Photo courtesy of Melvita

2 comments:

Unknown said...

try their Apicosma Body Butter if you like the Body Milk. I have Apicosma and I love it- it absorbs really quick and only a tiny bit is needed. The smell is interesting, to me it smells just like a Yoplait yogurt, slightly sour but definitely with a hint of berry to it. It is more moisturizing than any other body product i ever tried.

Charlestongirl said...

I'm going to have to make you my Melvita shopper, Anna! I'll give the Body Butter a try. I'm on a Melvita roll.