Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Beauty Blogger

Recently, Kari at Fabulous Over Forty gave me the idea for this post. So, with a nod to her Lancome post, here goes.

You might think that beauty bloggers plan out their beauty products each day in some systematic, coordinated fashion, just like fashionistas put together outfits. Maybe some do. I will plan my makeup or skin care when I'm testing a new product, but I have a lot of days when I turn to current favorites because I'm in a hurry to get to work (running "late" even though I'm up by 4:30 am). On rush-rush days, I grab what I know works for me with minimal effort. One day this week, I decided to write this "day in the life" post. This was my beauty Thursday last week. Hope it's interesting.

After I fed the cats, posted my morning blog entry, checked e-mail, and tore myself away from my computer, I showered. The products I used in the shower? NÉOLIA Olive Oil Soap on my body, OcuSOFT Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser on my eyes, and Kinerase Gentle Daily Cleanser on face. My hair got its loving dose of Philip B White Truffle Ultra-Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I used a new Gillette Venus Embrace Disposable Razor too!

After showering, I used Mitchum Power-Gel Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant for Sensitive Skin and slathered my legs with KORRES Fig Body Butter. I'll leave out the whole mouth and teeth routine (some things are best kept private).

For skin care on my face, I used Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream 360 degrees around my eyes, La Mer's new The Regenerating Serum, followed by MEG 21 Advanced Formula on my face and neck.

I used two hair styling products: Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Flocker and Sebastian Zero Gravity Hair Spray.

Minimal makeup - here's the Thursday list.What brushes did I use? Bobbi Brown's Touch-up Brush for my concealer and eyelid primer and grabbed an old Estee Lauder blush brush, which came in a GWP to apply my Face Glow Box. It's a great brush. I applied my makeup with a well-worn sponge wedge. I have to admit I use them for a week so that the product goes on my face, not into the sponge.

My fragrance Thursday? Jo Malone Red Roses followed by Ice Rose from The Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle.

Then I was out the door after kissing Charlie goodbye.

During the day at work, I refreshed my foundation where needed with Bobbi Brown's Moisturizing Cream Compact Foundation in Warm Ivory and reapplied lips frequently, using Chantecaille Les Pétales - Rêve de Rose Lip Gloss SPF 15, Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner, and KORRES Shea Butter Lip Balm.

Before bed, I used Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser to cleanse my face and then applied my treatments. On Thursday, those were Prevage Eye, Sisley SUPREMŸA Night (yes, I bought it and love it) and LIERAC's Hydra-Chrono Baume Extrême. Except for eye creams, all treatment products go on my face and neck.

When I hop into bed, I treat my hands and feet to a moisturizing dose of whatever is at hand. Thursday, it was Philip B's new Cucumber & Blue Orchid Hand & Body Creme.

After that it was snooze time.

Was my Friday routine different? But of course!

All photos courtesy of the brands, with the exception of Charleston, who posed for me

3 comments:

Karen said...

Charlie is one handsome boy!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Charlie sends his compliments on your good taste, Karen. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Luv! I had fun writing it.