The Downtown Beauty Collection was inspired by the chic women I see walking around SoHo every day. Whether they are meeting a friend for lunch, headed to the office, or going out at night, they always look polished and put together. - Bobbi Brown
I bought Downtown Beauty during a "Today's Special Value" offer at QVC. I thought it might disappear (sell out), so I didn't tell you about it then. Amazingly, the collection is still available at QVC. If I were you, I would check out this great value set.
You might remember that I had my doubts about the lilac shades in the eye palette (see link); I was afraid they would be too red on my eyes. They work perfectly because they contain heavy amounts of gray and brown! See the swatches below.
Here's what's in the boxed set.
- 0.25 oz five-well eye shadow palette with mirror containing Ivory, a creamy white; metallic Heather Lilac, a gray violet with pearl flecks; Bronze Shimmer Wash, a bronzed brown; Heather, a medium gray violet; and Black Plum, a dark brown plum
- 0.15 oz five-well lip palette with mirror containing lip sheer in Peony, a bright pink; creamy lip color in Bronzed Pink, a shimmering bronze/pink; lip color in Brown, a medium pink brown; creamy lip color in Pink Sequence, a silvery pink; metallic lip color in Ruby, a soft ruby pearl
- 0.1 oz jar of Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar, a deep black brown
- 0.14 fl oz vial of sheer lip gloss in Popsicle, a gorgeous light pink
- 0.14 oz compact of blush in Washed Rose Shimmer, a warm rose
- Dual-ended eye shadow brush
- Ultra fine eyeliner mini brush with cap
- Lip brush
- Tip card with the looks shown here
There are two arm photos, taken in full sun, below left. Three of the shadows are shown; they are the ones I thought might not work for me: Heather Lilac Metallic Eye Shadow, Heather Eye Shadow, and Black Plum Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow - top to bottom - all perfectly wearable! I should have known Bobbi Brown wouldn't use colors that would make me look like an albino bunny.
The Popsicle Sheer Color Gloss is shown below right. It's sheer and pretty in pure pink! When it was available at Bobbi Brown counters, it flew out. Glad I got one!
As far as I know, this collection is exclusive to QVC. Check out this QVC link to see it. It's especially pretty, and the price is amazing. I'm not a big QVC shopper, but I make exceptions for makeup this good!
Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown/QVC