Friday, August 6, 2010

Clinique Fall 2010: Bigger, Brighter Eyes in an Instant

During Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, I saw the prettiest new Clinique display. Aisha Henley (Nordstrom Tysons Corner) helped me select some new goodies from Clinique - all of which I love! I tried to swatch them a couple of weeks ago and gave up. The colors are all so soft and sheer they disappeared on my arm. So I waited until a couple of photos appeared - one in a Clinique brochure and a couple online - so that I could introduce you to the collection.

The "fresh, fun, and flirty" looks, shown below, are categorized into four color families: Like Mink Strawberry Fudge, Beach Plum, and Blackberry Frost. Each has a Quick Eyes Cream Shadow, a Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo, along with an eyeliner, blush, and lipstick, to make coordinating your colors for bright eyes a no-brainer.

Clinique shows you how to play with color in their step-by-step instructions. Start by blending Quick Eyes Cream Shadow ($15) all over the lids from lash line to brow bone (be careful about the shades you take all the way to the brow!). Then use the light shade of Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo ($17.50) on the lower lid only, from the inner to outer corner. Use the dark shade along the crease, from mid-point to the outer corner. You can see how the eyes are horizontally elongated in the graphic by applying the most intense color in the outer half of the lid. This is a look I like.

Line your upper lash line with the limited-edition Quickliner for Eyes Intense ($14.50), starting at the inner corner. Clinique says to gradually thicken the line as you move toward the outer corner. If you want a natural look, don't overdo the line (my advice). Then coat your lashes from root to tip with High Impact Mascara ($14) in the limited-edition Brightening Black.

Clinique has paired some pretty lip shades with each of the looks. From Butter Shine Lipstick in Pink-a-Boo to Different Lipstick in A Different Grape (one of my all-time favorites), your lips will make your eyes pop.

My personal favorite looks were Like Mink and Strawberry Fudge, but there's one for everyone. I ended up mixing and matching with my purchase, choosing one from here and one from there. I especially adore the Quick Eyes Cream Shadows. You will want to pay close attention to Sparkling Nude, featured online with the new looks, but also Truffle, Sunlit Palm, and Sea Shell - all beautiful shades.

Next time you get a chance to stop by a Clinique counter, check out these pretty recommendations. You can also browse online at this Clinique link.

Photos courtesy of Clinique

No comments: