Friday, August 13, 2010

The Friday Forum - August 13

Friday the 13th! May your luck be good on this day, superstitiously feared to bring bad luck!

You know fall is on its way when the Kousa dogwood berries start to turn red. The birds and squirrels feast on these each year. They must be tasty. I think they're beautiful.

What a week of fall makeup this has been here at BTiB! Bobbi Brown, Chantecaille, Estée Lauder, Givenchy, Shiseido - all fabulous collections - all worth a look-see. Makeup keeps getting better and better. Last night, I saw Clinique's new Vitamin C Lip Smoothie shades, and I have to go back and buy a few. They are fabulous!

For those of you who are new to The Friday Forum, the purpose has always been to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just want to chat? Use the comments. Don't be shy! We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Some are "really slow." No matter, I'm happy if even one reader stops by.

As usual, I will share the best beauty bits (noteworthy sales and special offers) with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments. I can't post every deal that comes my way, or the blog would look like "Advertising Central." I do try to write posts when a deal is particularly fabulous and lasts a few days.

Don't forget to enter the two giveaway contests here - both end tomorrow at midnight (August 14). You could win an Armani Beauty Lip Shimmer or a LORAC On Screen Duo. I'll have a big mailing next week, with four prizes to award. Since I love giving away stuff, it should be fun!

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

6 comments:

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
I am back and have read all your week's reviews: it is hard to choose but now I know what are my must have: the Chantecaille palette and one or two Shiseido ones (at least Srata... what gorgeous make up we'll have in fall and winter. I don't look forward to being already there as I would like summer to linger on a little longer, but...
My Rahua hair products arrived today, I am thrilled (I'll let you know what I think about them:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

Oh you lucky lady! I need to re-order the conditioner. I am running out and don't want to be without.

I ordered a second Tiger in the Wild. It is so totally gorgeous. Two of the shades remind me a lot of Eyes to Kill #1, which I also adore.

Unknown said...

Those Givenchy palettes are always so beautiful! I'll probably go get a couple this weekend. Thanks for your review as always!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Daseined! Just don't go for the powder. The blush and eye shadows are the stars of the show.

Charlestongirl said...

Free shipping through Sunday night at Estee Lauder. Use code STAYCOOL.

Charlestongirl said...

Just got a Kate Somerville e-mail. Free shipping through 8/31/10! Free gift of a travel-sized HydraKate Line Release Face Serum with every $150 purchase.

There are some really nice products on sale at Beauty Story.