Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chantecaille Shine and Lasting Eye Shades

I must have 80% of the eye shadows from Chantecaille! I love them all! They are available in sheer, wearable, and nuanced shades that range from matte to glimmering, but never glittery. They are eye shadows designed for women by women. Who would know better than Sylvie, Olivia, and Alex?

I decided to swatch some Chantecaille eye shadows. Naturally, the day I decided to do it, the humidity was 85%, and my camera lens fogged up the instant I went outside. (I'm going to have to do some research to figure out how to prevent that!) I ended up taking a few photos inside a sunny bay window. These aren't the best photos, but I think I can use them to illustrate how pretty, sheer, and wearable Chantecaille eye shadow is. What better time than now, with the new Tiger in the Wild Palette's introduction?

Chantecaille offers eye shadows in three finishes: Shine Eye Shade, Lasting Eye Shade, and Iridescent Eye Shade. Each shadow compact is $28. Hopefully, you can see that the shadows shown on my two arm photos span the range from matte to gleaming. All Chantecaille eye shadows are smooth, creamy powders that glide on with ease; offer sheer, but buildable color; and never crease. In my book, they fall into the luxury category at a very reasonable price.

Shine Eye Shade provides a pearlized glow. Lasting Eye Shade (they all last - I can't figure out this title) is a matte shadow that can be applied dry or wet (the application on my arm was dry). It's sheer when applied wet and more opaque when applied dry. The Lasting Eye Shades are also loaded with ginseng to condition the eyelid. Iridescent Eye Shade is a "dazzling collection of lightweight, metallic colors for the eyes. Sheer, pearlescent tones offer a reflective finish for a weightless, sophisticated look. Silicon-coated pearls create an exceptionally soft and creamy texture that glides on smoothly, with oil absorbing properties for a luxurious, long-adhering glow." Couldn't say it better than Chantecaille!

The shades shown on my arm (only a fraction of those I have purchased over the years are listed top to bottom.
  • Patchouli Lasting Eye Shade
  • Quartz Shine Eye Shade
  • Granite Shine Eye Shade
  • Crystal Shine Eye Shade
  • Perle Shine Eye Shade
  • Graphite Lasting Eye Shade
I'll get a photo of one of the Iridescent Eye Shades for you when the humidity levels go down. I got frustrated with photography as I took these. I own and adore Rose Gold, Sel, and even Menthe.

The Shine Shades show a little more shimmery in my photos than they look "in real life" because of the direct sun, but you can see how pretty the colors are. Every shade has an element of nature in it. Maybe that's because the Chantecaille family members are deeply committed to the environment and the many animals at risk. You can read about their philanthropy at this link. I love Sylvie, Olivia, and Alex for it! I met Sylvie and Olivia at Neiman Marcus a few years ago, and they made a lasting impression on me. They are my kind of women!

Chantecaille products are not tested on animals. There are no animal derivatives, lanolin, or mineral derivatives in their products. All skincare products are free of synthetic colors and fragrances, and they do not contain any sulfate detergents, phthalates, or petrochemicals. You can wear all of their products with assurance of safety - and you will look great at the same time!

Check out the eye shadows and all of the available Chantecaille beauty products at the Chantecaille Web site, Neiman Marcus, or locations listed at this link. You will be glad you did! They make me feel special.

If you go to the Web site and use code OPRAH at checkout, you can purchase the Shadow and the Rose Palette at a 40% discount! Definitely check out that buy.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille

No comments: