Sunday, August 29, 2010

Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie - New Shades

Clinique's Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color ($17.50) is available in five new shades! So far, I've only been able to buy two. The third shade I want has been sold out at my favorite department stores. I'm about to pull another online shopping spree at Clinique! Right now, Clinique is offering a free treat with any Lip Smoothie purchase. You can make your lips even happier with a free deluxe sample of High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 in Rosette. I love freebies!

Clinique makes great lip products. Lip Smoothies, introduced about a year ago, are really nice. A Lip Smoothie is both lipstick and lip gloss in one. Clinique has combined a great brush-on, glossy lip color with conditioning and protective ingredients, like vitamin C and antioxidants. Lip Smoothies will make your lips feel good and protect them from free radical damage.

The five new shades are Guava Good, Pear-fection (really light), Blackberry Nirvana, Strawberry Bliss, and Pom-a-greatness. You can see Clinique's swatches at this link.

Lip Smoothies feel very creamy, and the colors are saturated (compared to a regular lip gloss) and simply pretty. They also have some staying power, but doesn't feel at all clingy. Lip Smoothies comes in a tube with a brush at the end. You prime the brush with product by turning the base, allowing you to withdraw only what you need.

I bought Blackberry Nirvana and Strawberry Bliss, shown on my arm at right with goldenrod (just starting to bloom here) in the background. Blackberry Nirvana is very brown, and I like that - just don't be misled by the name. Strawberry Bliss is a pretty rose. I would like to try Pom-a-greatness too.

As a side note, goldenrod will take over your garden, but it adds color at a time of year when color is much appreciated. If you have the time to tame it, keeping it within its boundaries, you will love it.

You can purchase Vitamin C Lip Smoothies at department stores everywhere and at Clinique's Web site. I'd go for an online purchase (unless your store has a gift with purchase). I like the freebies.

Photo at top courtesy of Clinique

No comments: