Monday, August 30, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Crème Fresh Tint in Poppy

The Non-Blonde did it! I was blissfully living without a single Le Métier de Beauté item in my makeup wardrobe. She wrote about the line so many times, with such glowing praise, that I finally sought it out at the only department store in our DC area that carries a large selection of Le Métier de Beauté, Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie.

On one of my drive-by shopping trips at lunch, I bought a few pieces. Now, I fear I'm hooked. I'll remember the temptress, Gaia!

One of the lovely pieces I bought was Crème Fresh Tint ($28) in Poppy. This multipurpose creme tint for lips and cheeks comes in two shades: Poppy and Tenne. I'm glad I waited to see the shades in person, rather than buying from little Web swatches. Poppy, described as a cool coral on the Neiman Marcus Web site (those descriptions usually come from the maker) is anything but. It's a pink-rose, gorgeous in the pot, gorgeous on my cheeks, but a too pastel on my lips. If I were to leave the house with Poppy on my lips, I would look like a pale-lipped throwback to the 60's. Tenne, described by Neiman Marcus as a warm rosy pink, is rose in the pot, but brown-toned on the skin. You can see it on Gaia at The Non-Blonde. The shade worked for her; it's not the best one for me.

You can see Poppy on my arm at right. The photo was taken in full sun. Note the extra shine from the sun. You can see my arm shining above the swatch.

Isn't it a pretty color? I didn't blend it out. Trust me, it's gorgeous on my cheeks when blended, and it blends with ease over my foundation. I am very happy with my purchase, and I like the price - very reasonable for luxury market makeup.

I did feel like a nitwit as I tried to flip up the top of the black pot. Turns out it screws off. While it didn't take me long to get to the color, I'm used to flip-up compacts. I even tried to swivel it before I discovered the keys to the kingdom.

Where can you purchase Le Métier de Beauté? As far as I know, only at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman in the United States. Make sure to check out a beauty blog before you purchase Le Métier de Beauté online. You will want to buy shades you've seen in "real swatches."

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus

5 comments:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

Le Metier has become my favorite brand. I'm enamored with everything I've bought from them. I like both of the Fresh Tints and since I wear light colors on my lips, Poppy does work for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Adam! Haven't heard from you in awhile.

What blogging program are you using? Send me your info at bestthingsinbeauty@gmail.com, and I will try to help you.

Cheers!

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Marcia, lucky you. I just think I look kind of chalky with it on my lips. I need some color to punch up my pale face. But I'm "plenty pleased" with it on my cheeks!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Now you've got me hooked on wanting to try the Leslie Tyler glosses, Non-Blonde, Le Metier, another blog has me lusting for the new Rouge Allure Laque lipglosses, and still another, Edward Bess. I want it ALL!!! (isn't that the mantra of our generation?? lol)

Charlestongirl said...

I want it all too, Mama Val! Only thing stopping me is my bank balance.

Those Leslie Tyler glosses are a serious bargain!

I think you can "edit" from Le Metiér de Beauté and come out with a few dollars left.

With Edward Bess, though, you are going to want it ALL.