Thursday, August 26, 2010

Technical Difficulties


Tonight, I am unable to post because I have lost my Verizon dial tone and, therefore, my DSL service. I will post from work tomorrow.

As you might imagine, I am upset with Verizon and had to escalate my concerns after they claimed that the earliest they could get to me to figure out what's wrong is Monday! What ever happened to Ma Bell? The days of customer service seem to be long gone.

Anyhow, having been a consultant to Verizon for years, I know how to push a few buttons in the morning to get better service. :) It is sad that you have to be or have been an "insider" to know how to work the system.

Cheers! I hope you have a better evening than I am having.
Photo courtesy of zazzle.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry CharlestonGirl - I too have had my issues with Verizon! Meanwhile, I was at Tyson's tonight and saw a couple of things that I would never buy without your review - the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System. Does it work or is it hokum? And, the Sephora "exclusive" Brazilian Peel - a glycolic peel that claims 40% glycolic acid - but safe for sensitive skin - I know that you are a big fan of glycolic, so I your much-vaunted opinion is needed!!! It's funny that as I stroll through the bare promenades of Tyson's in August that I won't buy or try these things until I have your seal of approval. I hope Verizon gets out there sooner rather than later - until then, I await your advice.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anon!

I am responding from my iPad.

A dear sweet friend just gave me the Opal. I wanted one so badly. Give me a few days, and I will review it.

On the peel, it is on my must-try list.

You are too funny. Trust your instincts!

Meanwhile, I am having murderous feelings about Verizon. How can one blog without access to her photos? My old client is disappointing me. That company gave me a Chairman's Award, but I can't get a dial tone?

Anonymous said...

One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingies. We don't care, we don't have to...we're the phone company." I too have problems with Verizon -- mostly email service disconnect and blocked email because they think it is spam. Strange settings on their outbound email scanning took 3 months to resolve.

Charlestongirl said...

I had that happen! I was sending a long e-mail with a photo to fellow bloggers, and Verizon blocked it as spam on the way out. I complained to their "spam vendor," but got no response whatsoever.