Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain

Let's celebrate Tarte with Tarte! The company has reached a milestone: 10 years of beautiful, skin-friendly, earth-friendly, and animal-friendly products filled with Tarte's "skinvigorating" ingredients. Effective, affordable, whimsical - cosmetics with a conscience - those are terms to come to my mind when I think about founder Maureen Kelly and her groundbreaking creations.

In June, I showed you Tarte's 10-Year Anniversary blockbusters, which were only available at Sephora at the time. I purchased them and hope you did too. TEN Natural Cheek Stain ($30) and the TEN Limited Edition Collector's Palette ($44 and exclusive to Sephora) are must-haves. You can see a swatch of TEN at this BTiB link.

Today, let's take a look at Tarte's revolutionary new LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain ($24). LipSurgence is the only lip stain that has ever felt creamy after I applied it...hours after I applied it! My lips have to feel moist, or I am an unhappy gal. I have converted countless friends to my lip moisturizing favorites. Dear friends, get ready to try LipSurgence! It has to be the current gold standard for lip stains.

Just like the original and best-selling Tarte natural lip stains, LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain glides on smoothly for a rich matte finish that will stay all day. Each of the matte shades boasts a high pigment concentration, but unlike drying long-wear lipsticks, Tarte's LipSurgence stains are infused with high-performance, natural technology, clinically proven to increase moisture content by an astonishing 6,000% after 28 days of use. Since "matte" is in, this new matte LipSurgence has entered the market at just the right time.

Earth-engineered from a proprietary blend of plant bionutrients, LipSurgence quickly absorbs into the skin, delivering a surge of moisture. Boosting peptides stimulate the skin’s own regenerative system and assist in the formation of collagen. Tarte's proprietary blend increases the lip's water content for a plumped-up appearance. The result? Naturally full, healthy, creamy lips without any irritation or stinging.

Although I haven't used LipSurgence for 28 straight days (I switch it up too often), I can tell you that it's the only lip stain that I have ever used that felt creamy on application and stayed creamy - even through meals (how rare is that?). Some lips stains beg for an immediate topcoat of gloss, and a few newer ones even come with a clear gloss to satisfy my craving for gooey lips. Tarte's LipSurgence doesn't need the gloss to feel good. Naturally, you can use one over LipSurgence if you like the shiny look. You can be certain that your LipSurgence will still be there hours after your gloss wears off.

LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain is available in six shades.
  • Lucky - light pink
  • Hope - warm rose
  • Lively - hot pink
  • Envy - mauve berry
  • Fiery - true red and exclusive to Sephora
  • Exposed - nude
On my arm photo are right, top to bottom, are Lucky, Envy, and Exposed. All are very pretty, although I think my two favorites are Envy and Exposed - just because my lips need a little color to brighten my pale face. I must try Hope next. Are you interested in wearing the matte fuchsia lip anointed by Allure as a hot trend for fall (page 182, September 2010 issue)? Lively is your shade! All six colors are delectable, so select the one(s) that you think will look best on you.

The first thing you notice about LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain is the softness of the thick pencil form. I think that's a clue to its properties on the lips. It contains vitamins A and E, which are anti-inflammatory emollients that protect against free radical damage; carnauba wax to ensure a smooth application; coconut extract that has known microbial and moisturizing properties; and peppermint oil to cool and soothe inflamed or irritated skin while freshening breath. Fortunately, the stain doesn't smell or taste like peppermint on my lips. I don't really want my lips to taste like Altoids!

I'm sure you know that Tarte's wonderful cosmetics are formulated without the following ingredients we are all trying to avoid - and they are cruelty-free.
  • Parabens
  • Sulfates
  • Synthetic Fragrances
  • Synthetic Dyes
  • Petrochemicals
  • Phthalates
I love that about Tarte! That's why I keep buying. There's little I can resist (seriously, you should see my collection of Cheek Stains, and I need another limited-edition TEN!). Tarte is bookmarked on my computer!

When you visit the Tarte Web site, you should check out Tarte Tokens, a new loyalty program to reward you for shopping. Not only does Tarte give back to its customers, the company gives back to Mother Earth. With the purchase of every Tarte product that incorporates the t5 super fruit complex, customers help preserve the Amazon Rainforest through forest conservation, improved living conditions, and educational opportunities for communities in Brazil. Tarte's supporting the Sustainable Amazon Partnership (SAP), a public and private collaboration to promote lasting sustainable management of the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest, making contributions to SAP throughout the year. Some may think of beauty as frivolous; I think of it as an investment in our future when I shop with companies dedicated to the environment.

You can find Tarte's new LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain at Tarte's own Web site (the photos are there, and stock will arrive any day) and Sephora. It has my stamp of approval - check it out. While you're there, make sure to see the original LipSurgence Natural Lip Stains. You'll love them too.

I'll continue to tell you about Tarte's terrific 10-year anniversary products in the coming days. A little bubbly, please. Let's raise our glasses in a toast to Maureen and the Tarte Team. Here's to the next 10 years!

Top photo, cruelty-free logo, and stains courtesy of Tarte
Yes, I know Tarte doesn't capitalize their name (I'm old school)

2 comments:

Valerie H. said...

I have been using "Enchanted" glossy lip stain by Tarte and well, I'm enchanted by it!!! It's a beautiful soft warm rosy tone. It's my go-to everyday this summer. And I got my 12 yr. old daughter, the future makeup fiend (hmmm...apple doesn't fall far from the tree!), the cheek stain in "The Perfect Pink" since it's sheer and light.

Charlestongirl said...

Love it, Valerie! None of my friends can keep their daughters out of their makeup. Buy her own for her, and you may fend her off yours. :)

Tarte makes perfect shades for us gals - young and, well, older.