Monday, August 2, 2010

YSL Beauté Blush Variation for Fall 2010

I have worn YSL Beauté's Blush Variation ($45) for years - love it. I own many different shades, and they are all fabulous. Naturally, I selected the new #19, Venetian Rose, featured with YSL's Fall 2010 Collection. The colors looked beautiful - pink and nude.

Blush Variation combines both matte and iridescent textures that blend together to enliven the cheekbones with a veil of color. The exclusive formula, containing self-adapting pigments, catches all the intensity of light and transforms it into a vibrant source of color.

Well, usually.

What I didn't expect was how light Venetian Rose is. Check out my arm photo. Can you see it? Barely, if you squint, right? Venetian Rose is more of a highlighter than a blusher. Don't expect much color from it.

I didn't purchase the new limited edition PÉCHÉ N° 1: L’ÉCLAT Collector Palette ($65), shown below, because when I tested it, it looked just like powder. There was virtually no color, other than my skin tone. I didn't need another powder. As pretty as the compact is, I left it behind at the store.

Now I'm wondering if I should have left #19, Venetian Rose, Blush Variation behind as well. As a rule, the Blush Variations have color - pretty color. This one's a pink-toned highlighter.

There's a lesson here. Always test before leaving the store. I was in a hurry, saw a product that looked perfect for me, and bought it. Oddly, I did take the time to test the eye shadow duo I purchased because I wasn't sure I could wear it. I'll show you that tomorrow.

If you want to see the Fall 2010 collection, it's in department stores now. It's also available at YSL Beauté's Web site, where free shipping is currently available.

Photos courtesy of YSL Beauté

No comments: