Friday, August 27, 2010

The Friday Forum - August 27

Friday morning, and I am still desperate for a phone and Internet service at home! My Friday will be spent asking - pleading really - for someone to figure out why I don't have a dial tone. I lost it yesterday when I got home from work after a few days of service interruptions that Verizon representatives (reading from a script) claimed were due to a problem within my house. Now that we've ruled that out, I expect service - today!

Anyhow, I do have a wonderful computer at work, and I'll work longer hours this weekend for the privilege of using it to keep in touch. I have so much to tell you! Yesterday, I picked up my Bobbi Brown Eye Couture Palette at Neiman Marcus. It is more beautiful than I could have imagined! The case for the eye shadow palette has a new Bobbi Brown logo on it - so elegant. It's simply smashing! The eye shadows and brushes are must-haves. I had wanted to put up swatch photos last night to share the palette with you, but that was not meant to be. I may zoom over to Neiman Marcus this afternoon, swatch from there, then come back to my office to post your preview.

Let's turn to beauty! From the Japanese Anemone at the top (always cheerful in August) to beauty products, we use The Friday Forum to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm happy if even one reader stops by. This weekend, depending on Verizon, I might be a little slow to respond to comments. I do have my iPad. Right now, I'm thinking it was the smartest purchase I've made in years! Little did I know how much I'd need it.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Update: Yea! Phone line is all fixed. It's amazing what the right appeal will do.

Photo courtesy of the New York Botanical Garden

4 comments:

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
I understand how you're feeling, I'd be boiling too...
I do hope Verizon will make an effort and sort the things out at your house before the end of the afternoon ...fingers crossed:-)Haut les cœurs!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Clarisse! I'm about to call NY headquarters now.

Eileen said...

Totally non-beauty related, but worth all the superlatives is the iPad. Isn't it just great! Although I have a smart phone and a super hot Mac, I really get a lot of use out of my iPad--more than I ever imagined. In fact, I'm just relaxing outside in my garden as I type this on my iPad. When I finish, I'll get back to my book--on the iPad naturally :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Eileen, it is grand. I am so taken with my iPad, and it seems I have started a stampede to buy iPads in my office. Times like this, I wish I had a hammock. :)