Chantecaille's Protected Paradise compacts for Face and Eyes contain brilliantly colored illuminating powders in an intricately embossed design that depicts the diverse beauty of an underwater marine ecosystem. Created with Chantecaille’s exclusive patented technology that embeds color all the way through the product, the compacts feature artfully rendered ocean life in sophisticated palettes.
Let's look at Protected Paradise for Face ($90) - new to me, but not brand new.
The compact design includes:
- Two fish that represent a host of over-fished and endangered species, including clown fish, orange roughy, sea bass, Nassau grouper, and humphead wrasse;
- A school of smaller forage fish, an essential component of the underwater food chain that supports bigger fish, now threatened because of their use in aquaculture;
- A sea horse, net-harvested in mass quantities for decorative use in aquariums and for gourmet and medicinal purposes;
- Coral, a vital and seriously endangered organism;
- A graceful expanse of sea grass, a crucial source of shelter and nutrition for fish that is being destroyed by trawling.
Five percent of the proceeds from sales of Protected Paradise for Face (and Eyes) is being donated to the Pew Fellowship in Marine Conservation that funds vital research on fish sustainability and marine preserves. Is there a better time than the aftermath of the Gulf oil spill to support this cause? Protecting every creature in the seas is critical to the balance of nature.
I swatched the shades to show you. In my arm photo at right (taken in full sun), you will see, top to bottom, coral fish, the smaller gold fish, and the sea grasses. At the bottom is a photo of all the shades blended, picked up by sweeping a brush from 2:00 to 7:00 (as if on a clock) and applied to my arm. Are these shades gorgeous, or what? I know this compact is pricey, but think about the cause, think about the quality of Chantecaille, and think about how gorgeous it is. I couldn't resist.
This brightening powder for face is as creamy as a powder gets. It applies beautifully over or under foundation. The shades can be used individually for a pop of color or blended for an overall golden glow. Each of the shades in the design has a luminous sheen - they do shimmer in the most flattering way. I'm smitten. In fact, I was so smitten that I went back online and ordered Protected Paradise for Eyes. I'll tell you about that in another feature.
If you haven't tried Chantecaille color, you should - for many reasons. How many makeup products are gorgeous in the pan and flattering on the face - so flattering that you stare in the mirror thinking, "Wow"? How many companies donate a portion of your purchase to a worthy cause - or make their philanthropy part of their corporate identity? Think about that oil spill and spend!
Top photo courtesy of Chantecaille