Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shiseido Makeup 2010 Holiday Collection Palette

I'm convinced Dick Page, Artistic Director for Shiseido Makeup, is a genius. Not only can he craft stunning, theatrical looks for the runway, he easily slips into his role creating stunning, wearable looks for us regular gals who want to look our best - day or night.

He has created his first complete makeup palette for the face, a limited-edition beauty that arrived at my doorstep about a week ago. Page commented that Shiseido's Makeup 2010 Holiday Collection Essential Elegance Palette ($50) is "simple, chic, and elegant - essentials for every woman."

The palette contains seven new shades for lips, eyes, and cheeks. Page designed the collection so that women can create customized day-to-night makeup looks, all with one palette. He carefully selected shades that can be worn alone or in combination - shades that will perfectly complement any skin tone.The Essential Elegance palette is a unique collection of makeup designed to create looks that take you anywhere, casually dressed in jeans, or glamorous in a black dress. These exquisite colors were calculated to work with every skin tone. Perfect beauty is now created
with one makeup palette. – Dick Page

Not counting the foundation that most of us feel we need and the essential mascara, this palette provides everything to dress the face!

To demonstrate the palette’s ability to create a variety of makeup looks, all Shiseido makeup counters will feature “Glamorous” and ‘Casual,” exclusive makeup looks created by Page. By
visiting a Shiseido counter (it's easy to find one), you'll learn how to re-create these looks, shown at right, with Casual at the top and Glamorous below.

The shades in the Shiseido Makeup 2010 Holiday Collection Palette are all gorgeous. See my arm photos below for a taste of Page's brilliance.

Lip & Cheek Tint (one shade on left of palette) - This compact lip and cheek tint (shown on my arm at bottom of post) was inspired by traditional Japanese lip paint, originally created with safflower. The base color appears to be a true bright red that is tinged with a shot of gold. To my eye, on my skin it's a sheer rose that can be applied lightly for a gorgeous day look or more heavily for a glam evening look. Here's a tip from Dick Page: “For day, lightly pat color on lips with your finger. For more of a punch, apply lip and cheek tint with a lip brush.” I love the fact that the Lip & Cheek Tint is a dual-purpose cream charmer.

Eye Color Base (one shade) - This transparent pinkish-beige base shimmers without a glittery effect. Tip from Dick Page: “This base can be used under powder eyeshadows, providing increased color intensity.” Tip from Charlestongirl: This base is a perfect highlighter. Even if you don't use it as an eye shadow base, use it under the brow, on the high point of your cheekbones, anywhere you want an extra glow. It's drop-dead gorgeous, and the texture is divine.

Eye Color (two shades) - This neutral-toned eye duo consists of a pearly charcoal-gray that I will wear down to the bottom of the pan, paired with a matte mid-toned brown. Tip from Dick Page: “Each shade can be worn alone or together to create a beautiful refined finish.” Check out the two eye shadow shades and liner at right (and no jokes about my veins - thin gals live with their prominence!).

Cream Eyeliner (one shade) - A glossy, dark-purple cream eyeliner is the fall trend. This one applies like a dream and leaves a pure dark purple look that, because it's close to the lashes, even a purple phobe can wear. It coordinates perfectly with the silver and brown shadows. Tip from Dick Page: “This liner is beautiful when applied alone or blended with eye shadow for a smoky finish.”

Blush (two shades at left) - The blush colors, Glowing Golden Coral and Shimmering Bright, provide just the right hint of color to the cheeks. Tip from Dick Page: “These shades may be worn alone or swirled together to create a glamorous third shade.” When I took the photo at left, I used the brush that came with the palette and applied the blushers to my arm individually.

The textures of all of these shades are "Shiseido-stunning," and every shade is long-wearing. None of them will wipe off easily with a tissue, my initial test for longevity. I wore them on my arm to show you, and I wore them to work. I may even get brave enough to do a second post and show you the shades on my face when the palette arrives in stores!

Under Dick Page, Shiseido has quickly arrived at the top of my must-have collections list. Some think Shiseido is better known for its skin care. He's changing that!

The palette will be available at department and specialty stores nationwide in November 2010. Shiseido makeup is also available online at Macy’s, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Saks, Dillard’s, and Sephora. To get more information or to find a store location near you, just pop over to the Shiseido Web site. In fact, don't wait for holiday. Check out the Fall 2010 Collection now! Did you see the Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios for Fall? Strata is showing up on every beauty blogger's list!

Photos, palette courtesy of Shiseido
Arm photos by BTiB

9 comments:

Jasmine said...

Dick Page is doing wonders with Shiseido make-up! This palette is such a glorious idea: I will go for it the instant it's available; it is very wearable and the Shiseido textures are always a dream: a very secure buy!
I belong to the Shiseido skincare products fans: I assure you they are really great and I can see the difference!
By the way, I just LOVE the Rahua shampoo and conditioner...my hair too:-)))

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jasmine! You are going to LOVE the palette. It's so much more than the sum of its parts. :) I would love to meet Dick Page. And I'm going to have to give the skin care a whirl.

I am thrilled to hear that you like Rahua! Every time I profess my adoration for something, I live in fear that others won't like it too. Thank you.

Kelly said...

That is so, so pretty!! I love it!

Villas in Bali said...

looks natural..love it..

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kelly,

It's even prettier on the skin than it looks in the pan - if you can imagine.

Hi Villas in Bali,

The shades give you options: a subtle, pretty look or dramatic flair! That's why I am so taken with it. :)

Clarisse said...

Ooooh! Gorgeous palette, I MUST have it ...I can't wait...November is too far away:-)
(I will have to look for a new place for all the make-up I have bought following your advice!)
By the way I am sure you'll love the skincare too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

Just think, though, it will be available in stores for the holidays - right when we are all in the mood to spend money! :)

You do need (at least) one - it's gorgeous.

Now about the makeup storage issue...

win said...

wow gorgeous. go shiseido. do you think this palette is appropriate for both warm and cool toned ladies?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Win!

Yes, that's one of the reasons this palette is so cool. It works for warm or cool skin tones - and everyone in between. For the blusher, just mix the two colors if your skin is very warm.

Dick Page really is a genius.