Saturday, July 23, 2011

Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick and Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 Duo for Fall 2011

Clinique's Black Honey Collection for Fall 2011 has arrived at a counter near you. I couldn't have been more excited to see it when I visited Neiman Marcus yesterday. I've been a Black Honey fan for more years than I can count and was thrilled to share a sneak peek of the fall collection with you last month. Yesterday, I was able to purchase a few pieces.

The dual-ended Black Honey ($21), with the Almost Lipstick at one end and a Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 at the other, is a Black Honey addict's dream! One side brings you the original, emollient-rich Almost Lipstick. The other features a coordinating Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 for extra shine.The shade has earned a cult following, and this two-for will speak to the legions of women, like me, who have worn the shade since 1971! The duo is a limited edition, so I'd suggest you buy yours now. I am contemplating a purchase of two more - that's how much I love Black Honey! One for my bathroom, one for my purse, and another just because. I suspect there are other Black Honey hoarders out there, so don't let us buy all the stock before you get to a Clinique counter.

I did purchase Black Honey lip gloss when it was offered a few years ago. If I remember correctly, it was a Sephora exclusive. I kid you not, I bought eight of them. The gloss tubes were much less convenient than this wand, though, so I'm in Black Honey paradise.

Just in case you are very young, have never experienced the joy of Black Honey, or have been living in a makeup-deprived world, I took a few swatch photos outdoors in full sun. The gloss is shown at the top of my arm, and the Almost Lipstick is below the little scratch on my arm (the result of removing wild raspberries from my garden, thorns and all). Both gleam, but they are not as shimmery as they appear in my photos.

The gloss and lipstick are different shades in the Black Honey "family." To my eye, the sheer gloss has more plum in it. The Black Honey lipstick is a universally flattering shade - and really nothing like it's deep, dark appearance in the tube. It's a super-sheer natural berry with a hint of brown and enough color to perk up my face without giving me a "lipstick look." It's also extremely hydrating.

I could gush. Instead, I'll suggest you Black Honey lovers get to a counter to buy yours. If there's really someone out there who has never experienced the joys of Clinique's iconic lip color, go see it! Chances are you'll love it.

The promo photo I showed you in June made the new eye shadow quad look too pink. I was seriously tempted to buy it when I saw it yesterday (and may still). The shades are fabulous neutrals. I did purchase the Gradient Powder Blush - also a more exciting shade than the press release made it appear. I'll show you a swatch soon.

For those who want to restock their Black Honey Almost Lipstick, it's also readily available in the fall collection, as is a Blush-on Cream Liner. Time to revisit Clinique! The Black Honey Collection is available at all Clinique counters and some store Web sites (see Nordstrom).

Photos courtesy of Nordstrom and by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

LilyBiscuit said...

This was the first gloss I ever wore! It was a thick gloss in a little green pot....I felt SO grown up wearing it :) I'm buying at least 2 of these also! Thanks.

Charlestongirl said...

Join me at the counter, LilyBiscuit! I'm so taken with it. :)

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Thank you for your review! Unfamiliar with this, but love Clinique anyway - so pleased that it's already available here in the UK, and have gone for two of these - looks so me!

Lucy said...

I thought you were going to say the little scratch on your arm was from your mischievous kitty, lol! Black Honey was one of my very first lipsticks way back when.

lovethescents said...

I hope this will post now! Blogger seems to be eating my posts again, even after it says they are saved :-(

Anyway, I love Black Honey. I only discovered it a few weeks ago when you told us about it, Charlestongirl. It's a great colour! Shame this little two in one wasn't available at the time....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Too Busy!

Isn't it wonderful when you find new products available? I hate seeing all the advance press and then waiting for months.

If Clinique keepps Black Honey for all its days, there will be many more happy discoveries. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lucy!

Unfortunately, every attempt to clear the wilderness snags my swatch arm. Charlie has only scratched me when we've played rough. I've learned not to do that. He is much faster and stronger than I am. He loves a good rough and tumble, but once he grew up, I started to lose every game.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents! Call your counter. Or, wait for Clinique online to post it. They are slow, but it's time. I checked quickly yesterday, but didn't see it online.

Unknown said...

What a great way to try this for the first time. I may just have to!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi pale one! :)

I think the shade is perfect for "nearly everyone." I'm sure its 40 years of success proves that.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Hi - me again - well, I am now the proud owner of these, and I have to say that I've already ordered two more - definitely HG. Also ordered the eye liner in the same shade.

Charlestongirl said...

Delighted that you like them!