Thursday, July 28, 2011

New: Estée Lauder Pure Color EyeShadow Palettes - Emerald Oasis

Estée Lauder's Pure Color EyeShadow Palettes have been completely revamped. I meant it earlier this week when I said there's a lot to see at your favorite Estée Lauder counter! I think there are seven of the new five-shade palettes, but please don't hold me to that number; I forgot to count.

My eyes are always drawn to greens. Emerald Oasis ($45) is so much prettier than I expected. It offers glimmering shades that will appeal without the ultra-shimmer of the new duos. Available in every eye shadow family in the rainbow, the new palettes are extremely attractive.

Estée Lauder's press photo is shown above left. My photo, taken in full mid-day sun, is shown at right. In my humble opinion, I think my photo represents Emerald Oasis more accurately. It shows the shades as they appear to my eye. You be the judge, though. Go see the new palettes.

I swatched Emerald Oasis clockwise, with the pretty mint-green shade at the top of the palette at the top of my arm near my wrist. The bronze shade is shimmering and beautiful. The sage green is a delightful, subtly shimmering shade for the lid. The yellow-leaning ivory, which looks a bit putty-like in my compact photo, but is definitely ivory, is shown fourth down on my arm. It blends into my skin so well, you'll be hard-pressed to see it in my photos. The central liner or accent shade is a green-toned charcoal in the center of the palette. It's shown at the bottom of my stacked swatches. I applied all the shades with a sponge-tipped applicator.

I have no official company information that tells me that the yellow-leaning ivory base shade is a creamier formula than the others, but it feels much more creamy on my fingers and applies differently. I'm sure I can get more information for you and update this feature later. I'm glad it's large in the palette. It's a base you'll find useful with many looks.

The back of the palette has a guide. The ivory shade is considered matte; the mint-green has a satin finish; the bronze is considered satin, although I'd call it subtly shimmering; the sage green is a shimmer; and the central charcoal shade is metallic.

The shades all have divine textures. The powder is micro-fine and applies smoothly and evenly. I love the buildable shades. As I always do for swatch photos, I applied them to my arm heavily. You'll have full control with a good eye shadow brush, though. Go from a daytime look to evening glamour by varying your application technique or your shade selections. There will be many combinations to love with these palettes.

If the greens don't grab you, I'll bet one of the other palettes will. Go have a look-see at your Estée Lauder counter. My Emerald Oasis came from Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria.

Photo at top courtesy of Estée Lauder; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Bari said...

This palette looks perfect for me. Beyond that, I'd like to say how happy I am to see you writing about Lauder. I worked for the company at the NYC corporate offices on Fifth Avenue around 1980, when I was between permanent jobs. I have always regretted not taking the fulltime positions several departments offered me. It was the most wonderful company to work for - beautiful offices, and elegant, humorous, intelligent women, all committed to creating the best products possible. Estee was still alive and in her office daily, and Leonard Lauder would walk through periodically - an amiable father-figure to us all. I can't wait to buy these shadows and the highlighter - although I wouldn't mind still having my company discount! Three cheers always for Estee Lauder, Inc!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bari!

So nice to hear from an EL person, even if it was before your more famous career. :)

I'd love to work with fabulous, committed women. In my experience in "my world," may of the the women haven't been a joy. Wrong world, I guess. We should empower each other, not work for the queen bee award.