Monday, July 25, 2011

Ecoya Sweet Pea & Jasmine Hand Cream

I love discovering new-to-me lines! Last weekend, when I went to Art with Flowers at Tysons Galleria to purchase Stargazer lilies, which fragranced my bedroom all week, I saw a corner with an intriguing brand I had never seen before, Ecoya.

Ecoya was nurtured on the shores of Botany Bay, Australia - the same shores where Joseph Banks cataloged hundreds of rich botanicals in the 1770s. Now, Ecoya uses those same botanical waxes and oils, along with sustainable materials, to create a line of natural home and personal fragrance products.

Visit the Ecoya Web site, and you'll be treated to soothing music, beautiful pictures, and a lure of two collections, Ecoya and Towra Conservation Range, the latter dedicated to preserving migratory birds and their habitats. Clearly, my kind of company, and I found it in McLean, Virginia!

The box of Ecoya's Sweet Pea & Jasmine Hand Cream ($20) attracted me, with its classy design and wax seal. I knew there had to be something good inside. I sampled the tester and swooned at the light, sweet fragrance of the hand cream. It quickly became mine so that I could sample the Ecoya line at home.

Ecoya Hand Cream is a hypoallergenic cream that protects, nourishes, and moisturizes my hands and arms, while leaving a beautiful scent. Sweet pea and white jasmine are entwined to capture the essence of "floral elegance." The ingredients include sweet almond oil, glycerin, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, vitamin E and, of course, fragrance. There are no parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol (yea!), silicones, or artificial colors.

Find out where you can purchase Ecoya products at this link. If you are in Australia, you can shop online easily. My local friends should visit Art with Flowers on the top floor of Tysons Galleria. It's a treasure trove.

Photo at top courtesy of Ecoya; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

lovethescents said...

What an interesting range. I'll check out the website soon. I adore handcreams and use them religiously. I am a healthcare worker and mother of small children so I'm always washing my hands. They can get so dry! I really do prefer unscented so that the cream doesn't interfere with my perfume. Also, I like something that absorbs very quickly and is non-greasy. I wonder if Ecoya does something like that? I'll have to look and see. Thank you for telling us about this!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

I think you would love this, but the tube is too small if you work in health care and wash your hands every 5-10 minutes. Save it for the weekends or your before-bed ritual. The scent is fabulous.

I'm going back for a candle.

Clarisse said...

I love this kind of company too, Charlestongirl, it appeals to me! And sweetpea and jasmine...! I'm alrealy swooning:-)
By the way: happy second blogsday (not sure the word exists, I may be coining it)I read on the tweeter bit your baby was two this July! Warmest congratulations for the great, wonderful job we enjoy so much, I'm sure all your readers will agree; as for me I can't help it,I'm just addicted to it and I LOVE it:-)xxxx

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse - and thank you! Readers and friends like you keep me going.

Next time I pick up some goodies for you, I'll remember this one. :)