Thursday, July 7, 2011

Supergoop SPF 30 AçaìFusion Lip Balm

With all due respect to the company Supergoop!, the name of their fabulous product line is misleading. There's nothing goopy about Supergoop!

Supergoop! SPF 30 AçaìFusion Lip Balm ($8.50) is an ever-so-slightly tinted lip conditioner that hydrates and protects the lips from UV rays. This three-in-one balm adds a very sheer, almost invisible pink tint while moisturizing and protecting the lips. Shea butter provides long-lasting hydration, while powerful antioxidant ingredients, including the fruit of the açaì palm, help to repair oxidation damage. Multiple sunscreen ingredients protect the lips from sunburn and photo-aging.

Ideal for all skin types, particularly sensitive skin (and lips) like mine - even babies - this product meets the strong European Union recommendations for broad-spectrum UV protection. With the belief that UV protection is the critical first step in any daily skin-care regimen, Supergoop! is serious about its commitment to formulate products without parabens, petrochemicals, fragrances, and phthalates, providing consumers with an environmentally and body-friendly choice for everyday sun protection.

As someone who is totally addicted to lip balm, I try nearly every new lip balm that comes along. I dubbed this one a keeper two days after I first used it. I love Supergoop!'s lightweight, creamy feel, and it lasts longer than it takes to listen to my voice mail and return a call. That's a definite plus with a creamy, non-sticky balm. The color is basically nonexistent on my lips, but I don't use it for color. The price is right, so next time you are browsing Sephora, take a look!

There is a nice SPF 30+ Weekend Away Essentials Set, a $58 value for $39.50. The limited edition is available online only. The kit is a nice introduction to Supergoop's sun-care product line and includes a lip balm.

Supergoop! products are available at Sephora and Amazon. If you can get past the name, you might enjoy them [wink].

Photos courtesy of Sephora

8 comments:

lovethescents said...

This sounds extremely practical. For babies too? I love the idea of being able to wear something on my lips and feeling safe enough to kiss my baby's head. It's not easy wearing Clarins Clemetine and trying to kiss only one follicle on her! heeheee

Charlestongirl said...

Yes! Babies too. Very cool stuff, even if it does have a funky name.

Shannon (Lipstick Musings) said...

This sounds like a great product. Have you tried their sunscreen for face? I've always been interested, but the name scares me a bit, lol.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shannon,

I haven't had the opportunity to try the rest of the products. I got the lip conditioner at Sephora, then got tempted to try other things in the line.

Eileen said...

This sounds wonderful and I'm impressed with the safety of the formula seeing as I probably "eat" tons of balm a year. From one lip balm addict to another, how is it under lipstick or gloss? Even if it's a wear alone, though, it's going on my list of must tries.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

I have been wearing it alone or over lipsticks. I will try it under tomorrow and let you know.

I also figure I've ingested enough balm since college to send the last Shuttle to low-earth orbit.

Anonymous said...

SPF 30 in a lip balm! I love it! My lips need this.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy!

It is so unlike most sun care lip balms, I even wear it at night. Feels fabulous on my lips.