Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Hot Collection Rouge d'Armani

The new, limited-edition Rouge d'Armani Hot Collection ($30) lipsticks from Giorgio Armani Beauty are "the new pink radiance." Six new shades offer you the opportunity to explore a palette of faceted pinks, all with a unique light-reflecting tint that produces a transparent wet finish. The shades flirt with raspberry and coral, reinterpret nasturtium and rosewood, and culminate in an explosively bright fuchsia.

I'm a little late to this party, which started in mid-June. I wasn't sure that these bright, vibrant shades would be my best. I wasn't able to resist for long. If it's Armani, I'm going to want it. I selected two shades and, luckily, purchased them when Giorgio Armani Beauty offered a 20% discount last week. Discounts can push me right over the edge of indecision!

I absolutely love the transparency of these long-lasting lip colors and the "wet" finish promised by Armani. It's different - and pretty. I purchased #521, shown at the top of my arm in the swatch photo, and #524, shown below. My photo at right was taken under cloud cover that was just starting to break up.

I hope you can see that #521 is a warmer pink than #524. Both are lovely on the lips. Bright, but not too bright, and absolutely perfect for sangria season.

The photo at left isn't a great photo, but is included just to show you why I no longer use pesticides and herbicides on my property. Can you see the little brown bunny to the right of my arm? He's just above the shade line, barely visible in the photo. I saw him feasting on clover. Too bad I wasn't taking a Rouge Bunny Rouge swatch photo!

Next time you are near an Armani counter, stop by to see the Hot Collection. You can find it at Armani Beauty's Web site and all Armani counters.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Clarisse said...

Lovely shades (ah Armani!!!)
And yes I did manage to see your lovely bunny:-))
I hope your problems with your modem will be solved soon (I read in the the Twitter part that your mom's home was in almots ok except for TV)
I sent you an e-mail last night to tell you everything was fine here but I don'tt know if it reached you (just in case I tell you here:-)xxx

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

I have been having mega-issues with my Internet connection. I expect UPS to bring me a new DSL modem this afternoon. After I install it, I hope to have all my "issues" behind me!

Will write soon - glad your box arrived!

Love you!

Adele said...

I purchased 521 and I completely agree with you - it is bright, but not too bright. It's got a bit of a coral tone on me, and it lingers all day, and I absolutely love it. I'm wondering if there's any color that's a bit more neutral, though, as I love the formula but don't want another bright.

Miss Brahms said...

All of the shades scream "SUMMER!" They look violently bright but actually show quite sheer - which is nice for these hot, humid summer months. They are not as transparently sheer as the Brilliant Shine or Sheer Armani lipsticks, just not as pigmented as the regular Rouge d'Armani. Truly, I love the coverage and feel better than the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine or the YSL Sheer Candy Gloss - these are just a nice, hydrating lipstick with a great pop of color. And, as I am amused by small things, I dig the magnetic cap from the lipstick! Stop by NM and swatch a few. There's something for everyone - a coral, a fuchsia, pink and rose. Very nice, and wouldn't expect less from Armani!!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Adele,

There are many Rouge d'Armani shades, including many neutrals. The difference between these Hot shades and the "older" shades is the sheerness of these. Check out Armani's Web site for Rouge d'Armani, and you can see the huge range of shades in the "regular" intensity.

Reena said...

I can see the bunny! hehehe... I love the colors that you picked out. I wonder if it would look great on people who are warm toned? Can you recommend a shade that I might like? :) thanks! I love your blog!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Reena!

I think that warm-toned skins would like #521 (warm pink) or #519 (soft coral). I asked Loyd Cassler at Saks to confirm those, which he just did.