Thursday, July 21, 2011

NARS Trio Eyeshadow in Delphes for Fall 2011

The NARS Fall 2011 Collection is available. I was intrigued by a few pieces when I shopped online and am pleased that I ordered the Trio Eyeshadow in Delphes ($45). Was it named for Delphi in Greece, the site of a Panhellenic sanctuary, a place invested with sacred meaning and harmony with nature? Just a guess.

The collection doesn't sing "fall" to me, but with many fall collections arriving in summer and holiday scheduled to arrive with the first frost, our seasons don't always matt
er.

The Delphes trio offers a sheer, sparkling peach-toned pink, a muted, matte dove grey, and a frosted sage - perhaps an unusual mix of shades, but they play together nicely. If you compare my photo at right with the photo from the NARS Web site above, you'll see that the colors are portrayed fairly accurately on the NARS Web site.

As I started t
o play with the trio, I hoped that the shades would have a creamy texture that would adhere to the skin. They do! This trio should be better received than the Calanque Eyeshadow Trio that was introduced with the spring collection.

It is so hot and hum
id here that my camera's lens kept fogging up when I tried to snap photos of Delphes outside. As a result, I took all of my photos indoors in a sunlit window - with help.

Charlie would not leave me alone as I tried to get swatch photos to show you the NARS fall story. Apparently, Charlie wished to be the story. There was something about this Delphes trio he really liked. He hopped up next to me and rubbed his face against my arm each time he circled around my lap. His tail kept thwacking against my arm, right where I had swatched the shades. That was the ultimate eye shadow endurance test. I know the trio's shades will stay put because they survived so many swipes by Charlie's strong, furry tail.

Look past my fuzzy buddy, and you'll see a gleaming pink ("just this side" of warm), a muted grey that is a lovely shade - much less blue than it appears in the compact - and a lovely, shimmering green. These photos were the best I could do. Charlie stole the show, despite the gorgeous colors. I finally gave up on photos and gave him the attention he was demanding.

Delphes is another fall palette I'll be wearing now. It's a lovely addition to my collection. I also purchased the lip colors. I'll show you those soon. The NARS Fall 2011 Collection is available online. I have not seen it in a store yet.

Photo at top courtesy of NARS; other photos by Best Things in Beauty, assisted by Bengal Boy

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWW look at Charlie!! He's so adorable!!
I think I like this colour combo a lot! That peachy/pink is so pretty and for some reason I seem to be really drawn to that colour lately. I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Clarisse said...

Lovely trio, I hadn't liked recent Nars eyeshadows, but I'm attracted to this one, the nuances are so gorgeous and soft. And thank you to brave little Charlie who helped you test the staying quality of the shades:-)Are you sure he gets enough love and caresses?!! I'm joking of course:-)

Joey said...

I am torn: do I want the trio more, or your adorable cat?

Lucy said...

Such a pretty trio! Thanks for the swatches. :)

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Lucy, you'll have to settle for the trio. Charlie is my love.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tracy,

Today, I even had to tell an SA it's really pretty. She kept saying it didn't look like autumn. No matter to me!

Charlestongirl said...

Too funny, Clarisse,

I think the real reason for all the love is that he wanted me out of his chair. :)

This is the "good NARS." The quality can be so variable, but this one's OK, unlike "Ka-lunk." :)

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, Joey. You are going to have to stick with bunnies. :)

Charlie is my best friend. Just a few minutes ago, before I got a business call, he was all curled up next to me. My shadow!

Eugenia said...

Charlie has good taste, it seems...and certainly knows his way around makeup! I saw this trio yesterday but passed it by thinking it was as fickle as the Calanque trio, and that these shades looked a bit washed out...now I regret having done so! I guess another visit to my NARS counter is in my immediate future!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eugenia!

He is still begging for attention, despite the almost-constant attention he gets. He just knocked all my lip balms off the table next to my bed...with his tail. He was doing circles again. :)

Let us know what you think after you try Delphes!

makeup magpie said...

Charlie sure is a cutie!:) I like this trio and it's different than anything I've seen lately. The colors are really soft and pretty! Thanks for the review! :)

Anonymous said...

Charlie is so handsome! How would you say the gray in this trio (which is very enticing) compares to two of my recent favorites, Guerlain's L'instant d'une Ondee (186) and the gray in the Dior Tailleur Bar palette, which I can barely bring myself to use?

Thanks (as always) for your lovely blog!

Erin

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Those shadows are lovely! And I love Charlie! I have a little guy named "Gabe" and he's my li'l buddy!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Erin,

The Dior shade is shimmery. This one is quite matte. Not sure where my Guerlain is...sorry, my storage system isn't really a system. If you search this blog, you will find the pretty Dior palette swatched.

Charlie sends purrs!

Charlestongirl said...

Time for us to see Gabe here, Val! Photo please. :)

lovethescents said...

Haven't tried any NARS shadows yet. These look very pretty and very wearable, indeed! Thank you, Charlestongirl!